This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#147342 by PaperDog
Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:45 am
All of the Bass players have either been replaced by un-documented workers... OR they are on the Extinction List ... OR They all belong to a BASS PLAYERS Union and have gone on strike...OR they were all killed in (9/11, the Cartel wars and Los Angeles traffic) ... OR They all turned into Cocoons and morphed into Cell-Phone distribution agents..OR.. They were all just a figment of my imagination and there really is no such thing as a bass player.

In any case... It sucks that I can't find one now... Is there anybody who knows of a way to trap and capture one?

#147361 by fisherman bob
Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:32 pm
Ask a guitar player to switch over to bass...

#147372 by drag57
Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:33 pm
well the only thing harder to find than a bass player is a board player into rock.

#147382 by gbheil
Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:16 pm
I have one trapped in the METALSHOP who has been playing almost as long as I've been alive.

And he's mine, all mine. 8)

#147406 by drag57
Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:21 pm
we tried once to have a guitar player to switch over to bass but he sounded to mechanical,and of course he played with a pick.some of the faster songs that had to many notes could`nt be played properly with a pick.at least we gave it a try.

#147415 by PaperDog
Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:04 pm
5KVJOHN wrote:we tried once to have a guitar player to switch over to bass but he sounded to mechanical,and of course he played with a pick.some of the faster songs that had to many notes could`nt be played properly with a pick.at least we gave it a try.

I know what you mean... Technically speaking, I could do my own Bass tracks for my songs, ..but, because I'm not really specialized in that instrument, I'm quite certain that I would lose a lot of body and grounding that a good bassist can add to a song. SO, I am doomed to wait it out for now.
#147481 by Scraatch
Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:57 pm
We are live and bassin' in San Antonio, Texs! Bass Players re-generate every 10 years. Thats the life cycle I've noticed, we go into hybernation, and wait for inspiration, we study and then emerge like a butterfly! But we fly low!

#147507 by ChaosZen
Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:48 am
There's no shortage of bass players, they just stay low, kind of under the radar.

Sometimes, having a guitarist switch to bass results in an opposite effect of what was described earlier, where it's not stiff, mechanical or slow, but rather falling back into lead and metal-like chording making it dificult to get them to play much of anything that really sounds like conventional bass. Instead, they get stuck on riffs that sound more like a Cliff Burton solo, or like myself, playing all sorts of unconventional, experimental styles. I'm not saying it's a bad thing though, if you don't mind a little crossover that sounds something like either a very low-tuned metal guitar or a little bit of dirty industrial jazz-funk. If you manage to pull it off, or get a guitarist to play bass who's the sort to play what they feel, then expect a generous sprinkling of tremolo, taps, slaps and potomento slides, but often falling short on convention and technical playing.

#147521 by fisherman bob
Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:18 pm
sanshouheil wrote:I have one trapped in the METALSHOP who has been playing almost as long as I've been alive.

Yea, and he's a damn good bass player

#147523 by PaperDog
Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:26 pm
fisherman bob wrote:
sanshouheil wrote:I have one trapped in the METALSHOP who has been playing almost as long as I've been alive.

Yea, and he's a damn good bass player[/quo

BoB.. Question: On 'Hoochie Coochie Man' The harp...what effects settings did you use ? or did you? Thanks
#147528 by PaperDog
Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:52 pm
Scraatch wrote:We are live and bassin' in San Antonio, Texs! Bass Players re-generate every 10 years. Thats the life cycle I've noticed, we go into hybernation, and wait for inspiration, we study and then emerge like a butterfly! But we fly low!

I am in Hell Paso... I think I'm being deprived of a bass player because I either pissed off GOD or lost a bet ... hahha!