This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#147269 by timmy lafayette
Mon May 30, 2011 11:52 am
What pisses me off is knowing a drummer who plays for the love of music, and truly doesn't care about money, all he wants is a committed band to become a member of and make awsome music, it's his passion, and lately he has been so jerked around he is thinking about just giving up, and he will relocate anywhere except canada, he plays from the heart.. for free http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46RlZcB6gc4

#147351 by David Wayne Moore
Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:55 am
The music biz is a very, very hard road my friend. I am a writer myself and am at this moment trying to get in front of a band as a singer. But, I don't ever stop doing what i'm doing, while I wait around for other musicians. Just keep writing and creating your music man. You're wasting time and energy here. Oh...btw...there is no way that I would share royalties with some lazy assed guitar player who contributed nothing to the writing. Good Luck dude!

#147379 by Eddie V
Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:53 pm
fallintoinsanity wrote:it was never my intention to rip all drummers,

I certainly can see where someone could see it that way....but I knew what you meant and didn't get offended. (I've had similar frustrations with guitar players...and kind of feel the same way about keyboard players as you do with drummers).

Also....someone mentioned all people should be "equal" in the band. Maybe everyone should be on the "same level" when it comes to input and opinions...but I have no problems with the main composer of a song getting more points that I would simply because I tweeked an arrangment or made a couple solid suggestions that affected the song - but if that's the way it's going to be...I've no problem with someone expecting a little up front compensation to help with the project either. I know most wouldn't - but I see their point. These are things that should be understood before hand...and neither should think one is right or wrong. Just be on the same page to begin with - if not.....find someone else.

I also don't have a problem gigging with a band where the band leader makes more than the rest of the band. Especially if it's his PA, his lights, (his material) his van that brings most of the equipment and the fact that he sourced and booked the gig. I think that's fair.

If an agency or band leader calls me and offers me $"X" for a gig....and I take it. That's the deal. Take it or leave it. I harbor no ill feelings. God bless us all.

#147401 by David Wayne Moore
Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:01 pm
Ahhhhh....Eddie my friend.....a voice of reason in a jungle of turmoil. It's easy to see you are an experienced musician. Kudos dude!
#147512 by Crunchysoundbite
Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:46 pm
Many musicians are multi-faceted. In making my point, let me use the band Rush for example. There are only three members. They make the sound of plenty. I beg the question- should Getty make more than the other two because he plays the keyboard And the bass And does all the singing And the writing? Or should he just be happy that he's got the other two mountains of talent behind him and Shuddup? :?