This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#134935 by BassBastard
Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:40 pm
Scratchy wrote:
BassBastard wrote:My opinion is illustrated here:

and what Phil said

I presume you have no retarded kids or have friends who do. Bless ya.

You presume wrong but thanks for playing.
But I bet you feel better.

#134938 by Dewy
Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:58 pm
While I agree with the sentiment of the picture, there are ways to say it without demeaning Mentally and physically handicapped folks... but I guess your retarded friends don't mind?

#134940 by BassBastard
Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:02 pm
Look, someone else feeling better.
You are such a better person for having said that. I guess I am just not as evolved.

Or maybe you are just both illustrating my point.

#134947 by Dewy
Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:33 pm
Feeling better? Yes as a matter of fact after coming to this forum and seeing folks play musician and conservative or use the image of a mentally handicapped child to make fun of internet arguments, it has made my whole day peachy.

I'm sure you feel nothing, that kid is trying his ass off, and you don't give a sh*t folks are ridiculing him... it makes your point.

#134948 by Mike Nobody
Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:39 pm

#135018 by BassBastard
Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:01 am
Now THAT's comedy

#135022 by Scratchy
Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:04 am
Run Forest, Run!

(That aint right, just aint right)

#135026 by BassBastard
Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:15 am
Dewy wrote:Feeling better? Yes as a matter of fact after coming to this forum and seeing folks play musician and conservative or use the image of a mentally handicapped child to make fun of internet arguments, it has made my whole day peachy.

I'm sure you feel nothing, that kid is trying his ass off, and you don't give a sh*t folks are ridiculing him... it makes your point.

You have no idea about the reality of anything I think or feel. And that is all good.

That kid is trying his ass off and succeeding in having a blast. In fact he is obliviously happier than any of us may ever be.

He is also just another human with something in his life that, when juxtaposed against a completely unrelated event, can be funny in only that context. You apparently lack the capacity to seperate the context and see only something to be pitied. Your pity degrades the lad who, for all you know, would like to talk sh*t back and forth as much as we do. He may want to play the insult game I can not seem to remember the name of.

I am used to daily insults and mockery applied to my way of life, race, heritage and in many cases, the holicaust that obliterated many of my ancestors before the term holicaust existed. I let it slide off me and move on to the next thing I feel like doing.

You could learn from that. Learn to deal with how you are and the limitations that accomany it. I mean, if I had known, I still would have posted the picture.

#135036 by philbymon
Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:10 am
I"m with you. BB. Whatever happened to humor? PC crybabies ruined it!

Sam Kinison would have screamed your earholes out for even MENTIONING that it was in questionable taste, ya whiners! And then he would have given a lot of money to their cause, without a word. See, that's what ppl miss in this country - we're all so worried about hurting someone's feelings, that they end up being left out of everything, just so you can feel good about yourself.

We were around some challenged ppl, in my youth. One guy with CP. We called him a retard. He called us a-holes, cuz he wouldn't cuss. He was a good guy, & he felt included, because we treated him exactly like we treated each other. The ones who always worried about his feelings were the ones he despised, & with good reason. He never wanted to be "special," he wanted to belong, to be insulted just like everyone else, & to have the right to get his kicks in, too...& believe me...he got in quite a few, even though he couldn't play football or even board games very well, he was fun to be around, & he never had much time to sit alone feeling sorry for himself, cuz he was living his life to the fullest.

I've stood up in a pizza joint & asked in a loud voice of anyone wanted to buy my nigger (who was a good friend of mine, btw). Yep. I even said "Stand up & show 'em your teeth, boy!" No one laughed cuz they were too embarrassed, & that made it even funnier to the two of us.

I suppose that would have horrified your tender sensibilities, but to us, it was all great fun. He did the same thing to me, once, when we were in a situation where I was the only white guy in a crowd of over a hundred. I was prolly far scareder than he was, but I took it in stride, & it went over far better there than it did in the pizza joint. When we lose the ability to laugh at ourselves, & each other, we lose a most important intimate human contact. It's okay to laugh at the guy who slips on the ice, as long as you can laugh yourself when it happens to you. It's a huge part of being human. Don't ever try to take that away from me, ya PC'ers, cuz I'll poke such fun atcha that you'll run home crying to your mommies!

My best friend has a stutter. I call him Dddonnie. He has a handicapped sticker on his telephone. & I think that's the funniest thing in the world.

Lighten up!

#135037 by Mike Nobody
Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:17 am
Some things just work on a case-by-case basis. If they're cool with it, fine. But, just about anything can be taken the wrong way with the wrong crowd.

#135049 by gtZip
Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:54 am
Mike Nobody wrote:Image

Lord stike me down if you must, but...

:lol:
That is freakin hillarious!
I can't help it.
I know it's wrong, but taken tongue in cheek, and if you don't think about ti too much, it's funny.

#135050 by Erik Van
Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:00 am
philbymon wrote:I"m with you. BB. Whatever happened to humor? PC crybabies ruined it!

My best friend has a stutter. I call him Dddonnie. He has a handicapped sticker on his telephone. & I think that's the funniest thing in the world.

Lighten up!

Your friend sounds pretty cool and funny. I like it when people make lite of their handicap, overcoming problems by making fun of them.

#135166 by Scratchy
Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:34 am
BassBastard wrote:
Scratchy wrote:
BassBastard wrote:My opinion is illustrated here:

and what Phil said

I presume you have no retarded kids or have friends who do. Bless ya.

You presume wrong but thanks for playing.
But I bet you feel better.

Anytime I can evoke an emotion in someone else.....I always feel better. I wasnt that happy about the first pic, but the Subaru barreling down on the kid made me laugh my ass off.

#135168 by Mike Nobody
Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:46 am
Scratchy wrote:Anytime I can evoke an emotion in someone else.....I always feel better. I wasnt that happy about the first pic, but the Subaru barreling down on the kid made me laugh my ass off.

For more politically-incorrect humor you should try the Meatmen's "Cripple Children Suck" album. :lol:

Cripple fight!

#135212 by Dewy
Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:20 pm
In fact he is obliviously happier than any of us may ever be.

In that moment he is happy... we all have moments of pure joy just as he is having one. But Happy is not something the picture's text brings up. It points out the elated child has just won a worthless victory. So yes, the picture IS Demeaning to the child in the photograph, which is why other folks can take the one photoshopped and laugh at it... but not the one you posted.

Just as you say, its a matter of context, and the photo you posted was tasteless and denigrating the 1st time I saw it, and again the thousandth time when you posted it.

I am used to daily insults and mockery applied to my way of life, race, heritage and in many cases, the holicaust that obliterated many of my ancestors before the term holicaust existed. I let it slide off me and move on to the next thing I feel like doing.

You could learn from that. Learn to deal with how you are and the limitations that accomany it

Now who is making assumptions? I was too skinny all thru school until I joined the military, all the kids made fun of me, boo hoo... I got on with my life, made friends with Fat and skinny kids and learned to play guitar.

I don't care about Deer Hunting or Football in a state preoccupied with both, I've been an oddball and ridiculed all of my life, who cares? Not me... I'm busy doing things that interest me, and when the deer hunter across the street that calls me a "tree hugging pansy" gets a virus on his computer, he develops a little humility. He was also shocked that I could reassemble his rifle and load it faster than he could. Another "assumer" that because I dislike firearms I am unqualified to maintain and apply them.

Lighten up you say? I might be plenty light when something is actually funny, but I do not participate in making fun of Race, Sexual orientation, physical or mental handicaps. Well... I give my paraplegic bass playing buddy hell about his condition, but it was self inflicted and he needs tough love sometimes to motivate.

If I was going to make fun of you it would be your haircut... you had a choice. Not because yer an Injun, and not because I'm 1/4 Cherokee. My full blood Cherokee cousins piss on me because I'm a mutt, so I have had enough of that in my life.

Monkeys are damned funny, as are penguins...

Sam Kinison would have screamed your earholes out for even MENTIONING that it was in questionable taste, ya whiners! And then he would have given a lot of money to their cause, without a word.

Sure, he was a self admitted whore who appealed to lower emotions for commercial success. The second action really shows how he feels about it. He also had demons that drove him into a lifeless situation... so maybe he's not a suitable role model for the younger audience. Nor do I think saying WWSKD (What Would Sam Kinison Do?) is actually like bringing FACTS to the table. Not sure how it would sway an argument other than raise its overall volume.

Politically correct has gone too far, as has Rush Limbaugh and his ilk's borderline hate speech. Want to make fun of everyone, lets just remove all barriers and let the folks protest soldier's funerals screaming God Hates Fags so he kills our soldiers!

What we need is common decency, even on the internet. A happy medium between freedom for the tasteless and being thoughtful and not hating, bashing or denigrating someone else for "humor's sake".