This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#131021 by gbheil
Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:28 pm
One walk down my gravel drive way would change your mind. :wink:

#131050 by Krul
Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:08 pm
Funny how the more delicate kicks cost more, and a good pair of boots go for a reasonable price,

Man, I'm feeling like a cheapskate! :lol:

#131055 by gbheil
Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:47 pm
Not to get into a "shoe" debate. But for my money it's hard to beat a pair of ASICS runners or a pair of BATES duty boots.

And I make my living on my feet.

Even in the poor physical condition I find myself in today.
A five mile walk home is still just a pleasant stroll.

#148788 by Rock-of-Ages
Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:24 pm
I have found that many members assume that if the are not premier members they are unable to reply to your messages. I make it a point to let them know that they can reply regardless. You might also find it helpful to include alternate contact info.

#148879 by Black57
Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:32 am
nazz315430 wrote:I have been looking to get a band together and wrote to allot of players here. I am long island. I would say i have written to about 30 players, bass, rhythm lead, keyboard and a singer. I got a few replies, even jammed with a few people. So far nothing has materialized, but i believe its all a matter of networking and eventually you will find the right people.
I think the site is a good way for people to know you are out there.
I met a few people from craigslist, and it turned out to be a nightmare.
I will stick to this site for awhile.

Nazz315430

I have been here at Bandmix since forever. It was a good year before I even posted any music. Over time, I have had some wonderful experiences which are pricesless. I think I'll stay.

#148912 by gbheil
Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:39 pm
nazz315430 wrote:I have been looking to get a band together and wrote to allot of players here. I am long island. I would say i have written to about 30 players, bass, rhythm lead, keyboard and a singer. I got a few replies, even jammed with a few people. So far nothing has materialized, but i believe its all a matter of networking and eventually you will find the right people.
I think the site is a good way for people to know you are out there.
I met a few people from craigslist, and it turned out to be a nightmare.
I will stick to this site for awhile.

Nazz315430

30 is a drop in the bucket. I searched and sent messages daily for like six months.
It can be done ... be persistent.

#149020 by AsyLum Band
Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:57 am
same problem here dude...South Dakota..gotta love it :roll:

#149190 by Crip2nite
Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:21 pm
I'm just casually looking as I'm enjoying my "hiatus" :lol: :lol: I already have a full band toether, 20 song set list which I've burned for each new member, A rehearsal space and 1st rehearsal will be in 2 weeks... If they've got all 20 songs down, I'll get us a gig within the month....and I wasn't even determined! :roll:

#149197 by fisherman bob
Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:36 pm
"Hiatus" = Breather. I can't imagine you taking enough time off to qualify as an hiatus. Most likely when you die they'll have to pry your rigor mortis hands from your guitar, or bury you in that position...

#149260 by Crunchysoundbite
Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:57 pm
You're Right!

#149285 by Lynard Dylan
Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:49 pm
I like this site better for free
Still get the same amount of use out of it

#152863 by Give up Get down
Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:52 pm
I know and pretty much you still have to buy band equiment as well and $9 just to contact and chat and stuff really...... its crap and all but hey i'll see if i can get people before Halloween.

#152886 by MikeTalbot
Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:12 am
Well worth it to me. I'd "retired" from pro playing and while my chops are still up to par my knowledge of the current scene was not. Here over the last year or so I've learned much in various threads plus I've met and jammed with folks - some of whom I liked and some not - but all informative.

Playing with some folks tomorrow night to see how that goes and some other fellows when we can arrange times. Yeah, Bandmix has helped me.

I don't rule out other sources obviously, but definityly like this one. Helpful folks in the forums as well.

Talbot
#294656 by Jeff O
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:15 pm
Same here , too many people put up a post and then don' t respond t request. AND that is why they are not in a band. All talk an no action