This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#119910 by Krul
Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:14 am
So far all of my recent enquirers haven't been from BM, but as a community I think this place is awesome.

Not saying that I can't get any body from BM though.

#119919 by philbymon
Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:01 am
Yeah, depending upon the www to find fellow musicians while you sit on your butt is really kinda funny, if you stop to think about it.

You're much more likely to meet ppl that you have things in common with by meeting them in person. If you go to a place where ppl are playing, you can see right off, more often than not, if you're gonna be able to work with this person or that. On line, you have to go through the whole 'meet & greet' after listening to possibly doctored recordings, & much gets lost in the printed word. You may pass on someone who would be the perfect fit because of a poorly worded sentence, or a misspelled or misused word, or a bad recording...or they may pass on you for the same reason.

Your chances of getting together with compatible ppl are very slim, when you think about it, as you use these sites...so quit bitching about the site being the problem, or the ppl on the site, or whatever other gripe you can come up with as you insult everyone around you in your frustration, & get off your lazy ass & do it the best way.

Every time I see the whining 'this site sucks' post, I know for a FACT that there is yet another loser/whiner/wannabe/crybaby that I don't want to be around for any length of time...so you've saved me the trouble of contacting & setting up a meeting with your sorry ass & carrying my sh*t around & wasting both my gas AND more of my precious time...or even worse, inviting your sorry whiny ass to MY house & having to put up with you until I can get you booted out the door for good.

#120076 by Skykrab
Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:14 pm
Wow :shock: , didn't mean to start a small storm...This was my inital post:
For those of you that have found musicians for your band, That's great, but i've tried 4 different times to use this site and everybody says there looking for band/musician but nobody responds....Maybe it's just my area, but I've had better luck on craigslist, and it's free. What's the point of this site....If it's to post your music, other site provide much better visabilty???? Well, I don't think I'll be renewing!!!
My reply to all who replied (Thanx for taking the time to reply by the way)
Well, I hope nobody here though i was just bitchin to be bitchin...anyway I'm not just sitting on my ass waiting for GOD's gift to music to reply....My issue was as a site set up to find musician to play with this was not as useful as say Craig's list IMO....CL is free also...If posting original music is the main purpose, then there are other better and cheaper ways to promote. Yes I'm still a member which allows me to state my opinion...If you disagree...Fine It's an opinion we all got'm...Just for the record...I'm not hating, just frustrated at the ambivalence of the local members, hey i guess most are not paying members. 8)

#120086 by philbymon
Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:43 pm
I've answered every response to my ad, whether it be from here or somewhere else. It's true that I've had more responses from craigslist, but perhaps that's mostly because it really caters to the local ppl, & this is an international site that fewer ppl have heard of.

For that reason, I've not yet paid to be a premium member.

The forum is a great place to talk to ppl from around the country & beyond, though, & it's the best forum I've used thus far.

I'll continue to support the site in spirit, if not in cash. When they make it too difficult, I'll go elsewhere, & without coming into the forum to complain about it.

I've made some very good o/l friends here, & for me, that alone makes this a great site.

#120169 by Chippy
Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:20 am
I haven't spent a dime on here. I've spoken to some nice chaps though.

#120402 by serenity lost
Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:59 pm
do you need to be a premium member to contact a member? someone mailed me and I can't contact them back.

if there is another way I would love to know. if I have to sign up for a premium membership to reply to a message, thats pretty lame.

#120414 by Starfish Scott
Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:29 pm
You highlight their message and hit REPLY.

#120435 by serenity lost
Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:13 pm
I tried to use the contact before. I figured it out, thanx

#120446 by Starfish Scott
Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:27 pm
AS FAR AS I KNOW, if a paying member contacts you all you have to do is hit reply and that's that.

I haven't had to reply to anyone in a couple of months though, so I am unsure.

#120449 by philbymon
Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:46 pm
Having to be a premium member to respond would be cutting the feet from under the purpose of the site. The reason that ppl pay is to be able to contact other members, not just PAYING members. If I had paid, & couldn't get a response from someone, I would demand my $ back. That would be ridiculous in the extreme.

#120466 by gbheil
Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:39 pm
I may have inadvertently propagated that myth.

Apologies.