This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#125184 by xHILARIAx
Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:26 am
I haven't spent any money at all on this site

#125251 by gbheil
Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:26 pm
xHILARIAx wrote:I haven't spent any money at all on this site

:lol:

A stroke of brilliance from the new lady. 8)

WELCOME TO BANDMIX :wink:

#126041 by ChuckCharleston
Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:19 am
philbymon wrote:boo-hoo-hooo

Look, if ya don't like it, then go someplace else. No need to try to ruin it for those of us who DO like it, with the bitchin' & the whinin'.

If I wanted to listen to that sh*t, I'd go wake my wife.

Look at your profile. Compare it to others, & try to make it better. Don't use this as your only source for meeting ppl. And if you're gonna post in the forae, at least post worthwhile sh*t instead of this kind of middle-school-girly-drama-queen whining bullshit drivel. For crissake be a man, or at least an adult.

agreed :P

#126095 by Krul
Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:17 pm

Not investing in yourself is what this is telling me. Nice way to represent yourself. :roll:

#130207 by Black57
Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:03 am
Kruliosis wrote:

Not investing in yourself is what this is telling me. Nice way to represent yourself. :roll:

8) I have not read this thread in quite a while but wanted to put it out there that I like it here. I have not wasted a dime and I don't mind spending the money or the time it takes to connect with musicians all over the country right here on Bandmix.

#130279 by Mike Nobody
Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:47 pm
Well, I've gotten ONE audition from this site...that went badly. They were also on Craigslist, where I've gotten several more responses.

I could have saved my money and just used Craigslist so far. :roll:

#130339 by Krul
Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:01 am
I've been paying for almost a year. Haven't met anybody yet, but at least I've had about five messages. They just weren't up my alley. It's a heluvalot better than Craigslist, finding people there is like trying to catch a fish with your teeth.

#130346 by Mike Nobody
Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:32 am
Kruliosis wrote:I've been paying for almost a year. Haven't met anybody yet, but at least I've had about five messages. They just weren't up my alley. It's a heluvalot better than Craigslist, finding people there is like trying to catch a fish with your teeth.

Well, "Goonie Goo-Goo." I got a guitarist on the first try. :lol:

#130373 by Krul
Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:39 am
Yeah, guitarists are really hard to come by. :lol:

#130379 by RhythmMan
Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:48 am
I've been here several years, and I've gotten probably over 30 - 40 messages - everything from lyricists to singers to offers for on-line collaborations to offers to be in other bands playing either guitar or bass.
(I am already in a band, doing my originals - I certainly don't want to drop that in favor of playing in someone else's band playing cover songs.) But I do appreciate the offers - there are certainly some fine musicians out there . . .
And I haven't paid a penny, either. One recieves messages for free, here. Good thing, too . . .
But I still haven't gotten an offer from a LOCAL female vocalist willing to sing a wide variety of music.
I live in N. Madison, CT, which is a 'dead zone' for musicians. I'm in the middle between 3 bigger cities - Hartford, New Haven, and New London.
Yeah, there's a few musicians here, but most of them want to do covers of rock, folk, and county.
And, I think that most of the female vocalists who respond to my various ads (not here), listen to some of my posted songs on myspace, and either get intimidated by the current female vocalists on the songs, or want to do another style of music.
Most singers want to do easier songs than mine; they all tell me that most of my songs take a lot of practice to learn . . .
Ahhh . . . but when they DO learn them - it's heavenly . . .
Anyway -
My experience has been that about 1 out of 12 female vocalists are compatible with my group (there's 2 girls, and 2 guys in the group, currently, and some part-timers.).
"Compatible" means that they like the songs, they have the pipes they have the time, they practice on their own, and they're not self-centered snots . . .
And it may take me 2 - 3 years to meet 12 girls, either for a tryout, or even just on-line, through emails.
Not enough qualified people here to make it worth my paying anything.
I'm here because I like to be able to talk about music with people who understand music.
It's often a lost cause trying to talk music with someone who isn't a singer or musician. Usually then I have to explain everything I'm saying.
But here - I can just say it - and most of you guys 'get it' without explanations.
We are kindrid spirits.

#130389 by philbymon
Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:08 am
They ought to make this a sticky, so the whiners don't have to expend all that energy!

#130555 by Joewillplay
Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:16 am
philbymon wrote:boo-hoo-hooo

Look, if ya don't like it, then go someplace else. No need to try to ruin it for those of us who DO like it, with the bitchin' & the whinin'.

If I wanted to listen to that sh*t, I'd go wake my wife.

Look at your profile. Compare it to others, & try to make it better. Don't use this as your only source for meeting ppl. And if you're gonna post in the forae, at least post worthwhile sh*t instead of this kind of middle-school-girly-drama-queen whining bullshit drivel. For crissake be a man, or at least an adult.

Phil why don't you just say whats on your mind.
LOL,good one.

#130626 by Crip2nite
Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:26 pm
BADGES??? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES! :x

#130989 by Black57
Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:36 am
Crip2nite wrote:BADGES??? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES! :x

We need are tats.

#131002 by Krul
Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:35 am
I think shoes are a waste of money.