This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#114277 by Skykrab
Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:29 pm
For those of you that have found musicians for your band, That's great, but i've tried 4 different times to use this site and everybody says there looking for band/musician but nobody responds....Maybe it's just my area, but I've had better luck on craigslist, and it's free. What's the point of this site....If it's to post your music, other site provide much better visabilty???? Well, I don't think I'll be renewing!!! :?
#114293 by jsantos
Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:48 pm
Skykrab wrote:For those of you that have found musicians for your band, That's great, but i've tried 4 different times to use this site and everybody says there looking for band/musician but nobody responds....Maybe it's just my area, but I've had better luck on craigslist, and it's free. What's the point of this site....If it's to post your music, other site provide much better visabilty???? Well, I don't think I'll be renewing!!! :?

Skykrab, I think it has to do a lot with location and area. I was contacted right away after joining with a the freebie membership (City of Chicago). Within 2 weeks, I was auditioning for 3 bands. In fact, I have listed that I am not looking for a band anymore and still getting offers. Good luck.

#114296 by gbheil
Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:36 pm
Perhaps so by your view point.
We built our band here years ago. I continue on because I get great technical information. I get brutally honest feedback. I've made some friends I like to keep in touch with, and in some small way I feel my presence has been of benefit to others.
Sure, I could do most all what I do with the free membership but I intend to post tons of music as I get it recorded.
And when I feel the urge to make a personal contact with one of these guys I can. As a matter of fact just today I was sent a song for the band to do up.
That's freakin cool, I don't care where your from.

Best wishes on your project Skykrab

#114299 by Metal D
Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:46 pm
Yeah, I hear ya, Skykrab. I felt the same way, but it definetly is the location or area that's the issue. Not every musician uses this site so I'm in the same boat. But on the other hand...I've met people here that tend to keep me here because I'd like to eventually meet them someday and jam...even if it's just for fun. My damn credit card expired and my company seems to have trouble sending me a new one, so I can't contact anyone here at the moment...even though no one ever contacts me... :(

#114341 by fisherman bob
Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:00 pm
Hasn't been a waste of money for me...

#114429 by Eddie V
Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:21 pm
It's location, location, location.

Where is WALDORF anyway?

lol

:D

#114518 by Krul
Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:54 pm
I'm not sure it's all about location.

I've had a couple messages, but realistically it wouldn't have worked out.

I'm going to be patient about it while persisting. In the end, it will payoff eventually. :)

#114546 by gbheil
Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:41 am
Patience and persistence is what payed off for me.
Dude I E mailed people for months.
Steve, our drummer said he had just joined the site and was on the verge of selling his kit.
Been with us over three years now.

I wonder if I still have the first E mails ??

That would be good for a laugh at the next practice session.

#114557 by philbymon
Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:37 pm
boo-hoo-hooo

Look, if ya don't like it, then go someplace else. No need to try to ruin it for those of us who DO like it, with the bitchin' & the whinin'.

If I wanted to listen to that sh*t, I'd go wake my wife.

Look at your profile. Compare it to others, & try to make it better. Don't use this as your only source for meeting ppl. And if you're gonna post in the forae, at least post worthwhile sh*t instead of this kind of middle-school-girly-drama-queen whining bullshit drivel. For crissake be a man, or at least an adult.

#114579 by gbheil
Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:05 pm
:lol:

Phil is in rare form this morning . :lol:

#114589 by Chippy
Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:29 pm
I've met a lot of nice people on here and I wouldn't swap that for anything.
So from a personal point of view its been worth every penny I haven't spent.

Hope this helps.

#114668 by Black57
Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:26 pm
Chippy wrote:I've met a lot of nice people on here and I wouldn't swap that for anything.
So from a personal point of view its been worth every penny I haven't spent.

Hope this helps.

I was coming here to say the same thing. No better way to hand pick your friends. I think that what I have accomplished here has been pricelessas a musician.
#117047 by Tom Floto
Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:26 am
Skykrab wrote:For those of you that have found musicians for your band, That's great, but i've tried 4 different times to use this site and everybody says there looking for band/musician but nobody responds....Maybe it's just my area, but I've had better luck on craigslist, and it's free. What's the point of this site....If it's to post your music, other site provide much better visabilty???? Well, I don't think I'll be renewing!!! :?

I agree its been insane trying to find a singer that will show up for an audition. I would be happy is that singers you talk to would at least show up.