This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#295730 by GuitarMikeB
Fri May 20, 2022 1:36 pm
I check out this site every couple of months to see if it shows any signs of life (NO!)

Released my 6th album of original songs this past December. Have a new studio set up (Fairwaves Sound) and my friend Tammy (who I met here!) released her first album this week - my first full-album production of someone else's music. Have another 2-album client that we are just finishing up production and mixing for release of his albums this summer.
#295732 by Mordgeld
Mon May 23, 2022 1:53 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:I check out this site every couple of months to see if it shows any signs of life (NO!)

Released my 6th album of original songs this past December. Have a new studio set up (Fairwaves Sound) and my friend Tammy (who I met here!) released her first album this week - my first full-album production of someone else's music. Have another 2-album client that we are just finishing up production and mixing for release of his albums this summer.

Congrats. My studio is now linked to my recording/production company. It helps me to be able to negotiate CA as a legit business entity. No one gives a crap about individual musicians. Currently I am playing out with my band supporting our latest album. If someone is in Norcal reading this, and has some hard-rock/metal, I hope they reach out for booking with me. Need some more bands for shows. I've been getting a bit more interest lately on the recording side of my business, so I might be doing more of the stuff like you are doing.

Well, I've put in my effort at creating signs of life here. Good luck, all!
#295735 by Planetguy
Mon May 30, 2022 5:35 pm
Greetings to "all" (LOL)! Good to hear from you two at least. Like Mike, I too occasionally check in here to see what's to see. Sad, this place went down the crapper. Me, I've been staying busy w PLANET JAZZ and SARAH & MARK.

My latest fun gear acquisition was a 1957 Gibson L7C that is just the bee's knees.
#295737 by Mordgeld
Mon May 30, 2022 6:16 pm
Planetguy wrote:....My latest fun gear acquisition was a 1957 Gibson L7C that is just the bee's knees.

That's a nice guitar! My last gear acquisition was an ESP E-II Horizon FR-7. I've been using it for shows. Is nice to have a guitar that is the bee's knees. You can always tell how much attention the manufacturer put into a quality guitar.
#295739 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:23 pm
Planetguy wrote:Greetings to "all" (LOL)! Good to hear from you two at least. Like Mike, I too occasionally check in here to see what's to see. Sad, this place went down the crapper.

That's rich since it "went down the crapper" because of you two. Picking on Jeff's depression was waaaaaaay below the belt despicable.

Are there any decent humans on this forum?
#295747 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:54 pm
t-Roy and The Smoking Section wrote:
Planetguy wrote:Greetings to "all" (LOL)! Good to hear from you two at least. Like Mike, I too occasionally check in here to see what's to see. Sad, this place went down the crapper.

That's rich since it "went down the crapper" because of you two. Picking on Jeff's depression was waaaaaaay below the belt despicable.

LOL, Mr Anonymous. No, what really went downhill was all the right-winged political crap that the world was going to end, bla bla bla....And the constant influx of trolls like 'My WIllie'. No one was "Picking on Jeff's depression" that I am aware of, in fact he had hardly posted here for ages, back when there was some action in the these forums.
#295749 by Mordgeld
Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:06 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:

LOL, Mr Anonymous. No, what really went downhill was all the right-winged political crap that the world was going to end, bla bla bla....And the constant influx of trolls like 'My WIllie'. No one was "Picking on Jeff's depression" that I am aware of, in fact he had hardly posted here for ages, back when there was some action in the these forums.

I agree with you about 'My Willie'. His intent actually was to destroy this forum. I can't speak to the Jeff thing; was either before my time here or I wasn't paying attention. I don't mind whatever political crap (or crap in general) if it is confined to the correct category and/or relevant threads. What I remember specifically was not a problem with right or left politics but a complete lack of respect between forum members. This was just a reflection of society's direction in general. People can no longer express views without other people assuming the worst stereotypes about them. I've never convinced anyone of my views by demeaning theirs.
#295752 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:44 pm
To get respect one needs to be respectable. It is not surprising that they don't remember mocking and ridiculing Jeff who was going through some serious depression over his daughter and other things. They didn't have a conscience then, so why would that change now?
#295764 by gbheil
Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:47 pm
Retired from nursing, and martial art teaching / study.
Play near every weekend with a local "dance band" ( Down Home ) that recruited me to play rhythm, plus learning slowly to be a better musician along the way.
Clubs here are beginning to boom again, though the monetary compensation I suspect has not changed much from the "before time".
#295766 by Mordgeld
Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:52 pm
gbheil wrote:Retired from nursing, and martial art teaching / study.
Play near every weekend with a local "dance band" ( Down Home ) that recruited me to play rhythm, plus learning slowly to be a better musician along the way.
Clubs here are beginning to boom again, though the monetary compensation I suspect has not changed much from the "before time".

Good to hear. You'll get your chops down well with that playing schedule. As for compensation, if the club isn't calling you, it usually isn't much. But I don't know much about the scene where you are. I'd love to take a long vacation and play some shows down in Arizona and Texas.
#295773 by Planetguy
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:51 pm

What’s “rich” is your myopic view of the sh*t slinging that went down w your buddy Jeff. I never, not one time instigated sh*t w him. Any sh*t that I gave him was in response to nastiness from him.

And I have to say the same is true for others that you’re accusing of picking on him.

Don’t believe me? ..... go back and check for yourself. Jeff routinely went after anyone who didn’t share his political views. I held out plenty of olive branches to him. He’d be cool for a bit but then he’d be back starting in w more dickish behavior.

My heart goes out to anyone suffering from depression.... but that doesn’t get you a pass that allows you to make a habit of going after people scotfree w no consequences for your bad behavior.
#295775 by Planetguy
Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:45 pm

And let’s be clear.... ( as GutarMike pointed out above) NOBODY here “picked on Jeff’s depression”. He simply got the same sh*t tossed at him that he was tossing at others.

That’s not even close to “picking on someone’s depression”. So, the next time you want to start handing out lectures about being a “decent human” start w being honest and accurate.
#295776 by Planetguy
Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:54 pm
Mordgeld wrote:
Planetguy wrote:....My latest fun gear acquisition was a 1957 Gibson L7C that is just the bee's knees.

That's a nice guitar! My last gear acquisition was an ESP E-II Horizon FR-7. I've been using it for shows. Is nice to have a guitar that is the bee's knees. You can always tell how much attention the manufacturer put into a quality guitar.

Congrats on the ESP. Those are some really well made instruments for not a lot of scratch. Yeah, it is nice having good quality instruments that you can count on, that play well, and inspire you to woodshed on.