This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#293888 by Joseph Gillis
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:23 pm
love it! :twisted:[/quote]
schmedidiah wrote:
Joseph Gillis wrote:That was very cool! One thing i enjoy about it is the guitars. I like guitars ripping through songs. Thanks for that!!

you're welcome. actually, the version filmed in NY without cymbals is a vastly superior mix without all that dang compression Ozzie tv used. next up in the queue.

I dug the chameleon song too! I will be buying that album.
#293954 by rcandrews
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:50 pm
We are most likely in our home studio's writing, or the muse has left the building, and we are working to pay the bills.
#294407 by Hayden King
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:08 pm
Seth J wrote:try getting booked with all originals,......never happen.

Not true. You can get bookings at clubs that feature original acts opening for their premiere acts. Don't expect much in pay, and you may even have to sell tickets to the show to obtain any revenue from it.
... the days of great club owners that can pay acts well by filling their house by providing quality acts are a thing of the past. The "bottom line" guys that are not true music lovers have taken over.
"It's the sigh of the times"
Salute!
#294592 by Avant Garage
Thu May 09, 2019 1:19 am
There seems to be a rather large dissconect between musicians and the local venues, especially in small towns in rural areas. The audiences would be satified with originals but the venues need the income and are reluctant to take a chance on up and coming artist, especially those who are offering things well beyond the "norm"
#295272 by Swampy
Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:18 pm
Back in 1964 I wrote a couple songs and had 200 "45's" pressed as promos. I don't think any provided a booking for me. I have penned a few more over the years, but if you want to get bookings regularly, you need to find those cover songs that highlight your talents, record them and use them as business cards. I just don't think you can make it on originals alone, primarily because what you think is good, likely does not appeal to all the other people. I would suggest you work up a few promo cover songs in various genre and record them, too. Then when looking for a booking, ask "What type music are you looking for?", hopefully you'll have something in your repertoire and can fill their need. Once you're booked and playing, you can slip in a few originals of your own and go with it. If one is really, really good, the patrons will ask for it again and again. Best advice I can give you is to just Have Fun, else it becomes a job. ..... Swampy