This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#293755 by Planetguy
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:26 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:You got me mixed up Pg, I don't read all that bore u rite.
Glance over it and laugh. :lol:

I bet most don't read half the sh*t u rite down, u go on and on

Should call u Planet Gal 8)

I "got you mixed up"?????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: like you need ANY help from ME for you to be MIXED UP!!!! :lol:

Gadzooks, man, you have a bottomless well of hatred and anger, doncha?

AV, do you think that boring negativity of your's plays any better w anyone else than it does me? Doubtful.

Ohhhhh, are too many words hurting your iddy biddy head? OK, I'll try not to use too many big words cos nobody wants you any more confused and hateful than you already are! Maybe THAT's what has you so cranky!

Just because you can't string more than a thought or two together into a coherent sentence written in third grade hillbilly....and just because you have nothing of interest or value to share besides lame insults desperately looking to scuffle .... do you honestly believe yourself to be contributing anything of worth here?

Put away all that hate of your's for awhile bro, and come back to being a decent citizen and good neighbor who HAS something to say that ANYONE might be interested in.....besides you acting a bitch looking for a fight.
#293760 by schmedidiah
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:33 pm
I wouldn't even bother saying anything about it if they'd just left it at "I'm politically left of center and prefer that my band mates are the same". My problem is the hate stuff. Cringe, indeed. :roll:
#293762 by Planetguy
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:05 pm
octoberevansmusic wrote:
Must be open-minded (I do not tolerate anyone with right-wing ideologies or hateful bias/viewpoints) and must be local to the Denver, Colorado area.

The only "hate" stuff i'm seeing referenced is that they don't tolerate anyone WITH "hateful bias" ......as for not tolerating anyone w right wing ideologies", well, i think that's more of the everyday sad commentary that this is the new standard low point we've been reduced to in this country. I'm not gonna point fingers or lay blame anywhere for that...we all have our own ideas about how we got to this point......but i can easily see it from this persons view.

if you check out the link to their site, and check out some of their videos you might understand that this is a transgender person who likely has had to take A LOT of $hit their whole life and looks at music as an escape from that. So, why NOT be upfront about it..... them not wanting to be around possible bandmate candidates who are gonna have trouble accepting the OP?

i mentioned before my bluegrass band is all lefties and we do talk politics and at prcts we do occasionally talk $hit on trump, his administration, and those who still support him. so when we were still looking for a bassplayer that was definitely a consideration.....someone showing up to an audition for our band in a MAGA hat just would NOT have been a good fit. For us, or them.

BTW.... back to the OP, I've been around many Deaf, and listening to this person speak, i'd wager some piastas that they are hearing impaired. (also i'd guess that'd also be a likely reason for them feeling alienated and on the "outside" for most of their life. It's easy enough for me to see them not wanting more of that from possible bandmate candidates)
#293764 by Mordgeld
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:56 pm
Planetguy wrote:...if you check out the link to their site, and check out some of their videos you might understand that this is a transgender person who likely has had to take A LOT of $hit their whole life and looks at music as an escape from that. So, why NOT be upfront about it..... them not wanting to be around possible bandmate candidates who are gonna have trouble accepting the OP?

I see trans people among the online fans of my music. Would they be prejudice against me if they knew I was right-leaning? Does being someone or another give one a pass on discrimination? Plus, Denver...I don't think they have ever met an actual right-wing person?

Remember though, as a righty, I do, of course, advocate freedom of expression and association. I might disagree with what someone is advocating (say, close-minded intolerance toward right-leaning people), but at least I won't end up working with someone that hates me.
#293766 by Planetguy
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:13 pm
Mordgeld wrote:I see trans people among the online fans of my music. Would they be prejudice against me if they knew I was right-leaning?

Not being transgender, and not being a spokesperson for all transgendered I cannot answer that question. My best guess is thta like any other group....righties, lefties, christians, jews, atheists.....not everyone shares the same group mindthink.

And just like us righties and lefties, somes are gonna be tolerant of others w differing views and somes AIN'T. I wouldn't expect that to be any different for transgendered.

Does being someone or another give one a pass on discrimination?

No one should get a "pass" on discrimination. But certainly it is understandable (to me) how someone who has perhaps felt ostracized their whole life might want to avoid more of that in their music situation. Do they get a pass for that???? That's up to each of us.But I wasn't handing out passes, just spitballing about how a musician could arrive at that mindset.

You've tossed out the "d" word. Me, I'm not sure that not wanting to play w hateful right leaning peeps rises to MY level of "discrimination" or meets my definition. Sheeeet. I don't want to play w them either! And I'm guessing YOU, a rightie might feel the same!

Plus, Denver...I don't think they have ever met an actual right-wing person?

Oh, I'd wager there are just as many righties in Denver as there are lefties in Mobile AL. And my guess would that's more than you might count on one hand. A lot more.

Remember though, as a righty, I do, of course, advocate freedom of expression and association. I might disagree with what someone is advocating (say, close-minded intolerance toward right-leaning people), but at least I won't end up working with someone that hates me.

And I never considered the idea that you DIDN'T. :D
#293768 by Mordgeld
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:45 am
Planetguy wrote:...Not being transgender, and not being a spokesperson for all transgendered I cannot answer that question. My best guess is thta like any other group....righties, lefties, christians, jews, atheists.....not everyone shares the same group mindthink.

And just like us righties and lefties, somes are gonna be tolerant of others w differing views and somes AIN'T. I wouldn't expect that to be any different for transgendered....

I don't do group-think. That is the point. To me, they are not a group, they are a person. I would hope other people would afford me the same respect.

Planetguy wrote:...No one should get a "pass" on discrimination. But certainly it is understandable (to me) how someone who has perhaps felt ostracized their whole life might want to avoid more of that in their music situation. Do they get a pass for that???? That's up to each of us.But I wasn't handing out passes, just spitballing about how a musician could arrive at that mindset.

You've tossed out the "d" word. Me, I'm not sure that not wanting to play w hateful right leaning peeps rises to MY level of "discrimination" or meets my definition. Sheeeet. I don't want to play w them either! And I'm guessing YOU, a rightie might feel the same! ...

Okay, I don't want to play with hateful left leaning peeps. But that is due to the hateful part, not them being part of the lefty group. Discrimination used to mean choice. It has been given a bad connotation under the auspices of removing our freedom of choice. If someone chooses not to jam with me, they have made a choice. In this case, they are clearly discriminating on the basis of political leaning for reasons that amount to freedom of association. I'm fine with that. I don't need to force people to think my way in order to succeed.

Planetguy wrote:...Oh, I'd wager there are just as many righties in Denver as there are lefties in Mobile AL. And my guess would that's more than you might count on one hand. A lot more...

I was kinda half joking about that. Both those places seemed nice, but I didn't interact with the people there very much at the times I was near those places.

Planetguy wrote:

And I never considered the idea that you DIDN'T. :D

I hope you think this is a good thing. Many people today don't because they are intolerant of people holding viewpoints that differ from their own.
#293774 by Cajundaddy
Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:52 am
I can and do make music with a lot of folks. I am not really interested in their race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Can we make music together ? Yes/No. If yes, lets check the politics and religion at the door because it does not matter in this context.

This quote in the OP just SCREAMS hate and intolerance of other points of view:
"Must be open-minded (I do not tolerate anyone with right-wing ideologies or hateful bias/viewpoints)"

Sorry Charlie but I don't think we will be able to make music together. It has nothing to do with your gender identity and everything to do with your hate and intolerance of those who view the world differently. Martin Luther King said it best...

Our band runs full spectrum from rabid Left Marxist ideology to deep Right retired law enforcement and spans in between. We check our politics at the door and focus on making great music instead of our differing viewpoints. Show up on time, be prepared, drop into the groove, and we will make many magic moments together with music.
#293798 by Daniel Towsley
Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:22 am
Went from politics to old people fighting. Not sure there is much difference. If you don't agree with the thread starter, just like a conversation, no need to derail it. Be respectful. Comment on the request or don't. It says things are removed if not music related. Though I see a lot of posts that troll others or thread. Not much going on I think to keeping things music related around here.
#293804 by schmedidiah
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:16 pm
Daniel Towsley wrote:Went from politics to old people fighting. Not sure there is much difference. If you don't agree with the thread starter, just like a conversation, no need to derail it. Be respectful. Comment on the request or don't. It says things are removed if not music related. Though I see a lot of posts that troll others or thread. Not much going on I think to keeping things music related around here.

I've been here almost 5 years and I can count on one hand the number of times that admin ever cared about what goes on here on this forum. we're the only people who contribute to this forum on a regular basis and we have just as much of a right to comment on this thread as the op. rant/ over. :mrgreen: