This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#287776 by steve536525
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:58 pm
I am frustrated. I have been on this site for a long time, have a good representation of my band with links etc, and yet when I am looking for a musician or singer, I never get any response.

Not even an acknowledgement or sorry, not interested.

Does this site work for anyone?
#287777 by Mordgeld
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:11 pm
steve536525 wrote:I am frustrated. I have been on this site for a long time, have a good representation of my band with links etc, and yet when I am looking for a musician or singer, I never get any response.

Not even an acknowledgement or sorry, not interested.

Does this site work for anyone?

That has been the most common response for me also. If they haven't been on in a few weeks, chances are they won't be back and won't respond. Plus, musicians everywhere are quite a bit flaky. The site has worked (very slowly with a lot of messages sent out) for me but I've still had better results with Craigslist.
#287833 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:43 pm
Bandmix is just one place to use. I was in 2 bands because of my BM profile, but nothing recently.
Don't bother with any profile if it says 'last active over 1 month ago'. Also, don't use the 'digital audition' feature - no one knows WTF its supposed to be or how to work it. I got one yesterday from someone in New Jersey, never could figure out how to look at it or respond to it.
#287966 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:40 pm
Craigslist and Facebook groups. It also helps to get out and network with people in person - at shows, jams, open mics.