This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All other music related items.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

Do you use pirated software?

83%
N/A
17%
#69193 by Starfish Scott
Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:52 pm
I need a copy of Cakewalk Sonar 6, not an illegal copy...

Anyone have one for sale?

#69196 by gbheil
Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:07 pm
I dont even know what it is. :oops: But I hope you find one.
I was always afraid to steal much of anything. Software included.

#69222 by Andragon
Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:20 pm
Pirate Bay?
lol check out craigslist and the like.

#69273 by Starfish Scott
Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:18 pm
Already checked craigslist for cnj, nothing but pirated stuff..

#69342 by Andragon
Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:59 pm
Most likely you won't find a used original. If you insist, order a brand new one.

#69414 by Starfish Scott
Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:24 am
Cakewalk Sonar is now on 8...

I need 6 and I don't feel like paying 100000000000000000$ for it, either. lol

Seems like even though it's not the current version some asshole is always trying to get top dollar for them.

#69462 by Starfish Scott
Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:49 pm
Thanks Chippy, I am already bidding on 2 of them on eBay.

I just hope I don't get eBaited..lol

My buddy got beat for 900$ on 2 Nvidia graphics cards from CA, so you can understand my trepidation.

PS: f**k PAYPAL!!!!!!

#69573 by Chippy
Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:40 pm
Did you win?
Try Reaper Cap'n. I've got it installed under Linux and so far it looks superb.

60 Bucks! See my post in Recording under Linux.

#69589 by Starfish Scott
Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:32 pm
No, it went for 85-90$... It was a studio edition anyway.

I kind of would like a Producer's Edition, as that's what I was using before.
Probably not much of a difference, but I really don't know.

Reaper? See, I am not a technophile thus I tend to try to stay with what I already know and can manipulate. If I have to learn something new, it's time I could have spent practicing. (and I need it) lol

I have to laugh. If you have a Cakewalk Sonar 7 or 8, you def. need a newer computer to run it.

I don't know why but 6 is very much less resource intensive and with 7 or 8, trying to lay 4-5 tracks can be too much for the machine to even play back.

Makes me grit my teeth.

At this point, I'd consider trading that Epiphone G-400 SG for a good, registrable copy..

#69595 by Chippy
Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:07 pm
Yes I understand completely. Hard enough innit :D I prefer Cubase myself so far in any case but this comes or is just about as good too.
What I look for is ease of use before I get to the tricky bits of which I'm still learning. I think navigation is the biggest headache, finding things.

I've got an old copy of Music Creator 2003 from Cakewalk but it really did my head in frankly. It wasn't so much the usability of the product it was as above, finding things, peeling back layers to get to settings/plugins and so on. Cubase and now Reaper fit the bill perfectly for me so far and work straight from the box.

I notice from various screenshots that the layout has not changed that much? Anywho hope you find what you are looking for.
Best.

Chippy.

Capt. Scott wrote:No, it went for 85-90$... It was a studio edition anyway.

I kind of would like a Producer's Edition, as that's what I was using before.
Probably not much of a difference, but I really don't know.

Reaper? See, I am not a technophile thus I tend to try to stay with what I already know and can manipulate. If I have to learn something new, it's time I could have spent practicing. (and I need it) lol

I have to laugh. If you have a Cakewalk Sonar 7 or 8, you def. need a newer computer to run it.

I don't know why but 6 is very much less resource intensive and with 7 or 8, trying to lay 4-5 tracks can be too much for the machine to even play back.

Makes me grit my teeth.

At this point, I'd consider trading that Epiphone G-400 SG for a good, registrable copy..

#70354 by Starfish Scott
Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:46 pm
BUMP!

No one has any Cakewalk Sonar copies at all, huh>?

#70518 by Chippy
Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:55 pm
Noop but there are two other copies that look like originals here. Looks like you'll either have to change or cough up mate. Is cakewalk software license software? I mean if you buy it DO YOU OWN IT?

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid ... Categories