This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All other music related items.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#19346 by rcandrews
Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:22 pm
... in opening an account but not uploading any music?

The wonderment of this site is it is specific in its design.

Meaning it is a place where musician types can hook up and possibly get something started. So why would folks not upload any music?

It is a very proficient way to "audition" what we do as well as expediting the process of finding someone that fits what we are doing.

Anyway it would be great if folks would at least upload one track :mrgreen:

Peace,
Rob

#19356 by RhythmMan
Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:24 pm
I agree

#19838 by rcandrews
Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:25 pm
I'm glad I'm not alone.

I did have a fellow musician/drummer explain to me at rehearsal he couldn't upload anything because all he ever really did was play the drums live and they never recorded anything.

Which is understandable I reckon but in this day and age even laying down a one track one take shouldn't be to difficult or that expensive and would be very useful. Especially if the live gig is what one is after.

Drummers probably got it harder than most I would imagine given all the mic's involved and space needed. That said I would think serious minded drummer's have both.

I'm not saying people who don't upload tracks or drummers who don't have mic's and space aren't serious minded but I still don't get not doing it.

Now if all you do are cover tunes well I reckon that would be the only thing I could truly wrap my mellon around as uploading tracks would put the site in some kind of legal battle.

Anyway I don't mind getting the notices of musicians in my area as I want the notification but when I go to their page and there's nothing there to "represent" what they do, save a bio it is borderline a waste of time.

Peace,
Rob
#21280 by Shredd6
Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:58 am
G.E. PERRY wrote:Check me out
GE PERRY
Get more at
www.myspace.com/gperrymusic

Hey Perry,

Love the music dude. Especially "Bullshit"! That song is the sh*t!! Short and to the point.

Love it.
#21305 by scarletrust
Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:17 am
Shredd6 wrote:
G.E. PERRY wrote:Check me out
GE PERRY
Get more at
www.myspace.com/gperrymusic

Hey Perry,

Love the music dude. Especially "Bullshit"! That song is the sh*t!! Short and to the point.

Love it.

:lol: :lol: Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullsh*t. :lol:

#131077 by Treeguy
Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:16 am
OK I haven't got any music I'm involved in recorded yet.

But...on a (somewhat) related question...I see local guys looking for drummers (or whatever) but can't seem to be able to respond to them. We can check out their page but can't leave a message without paying out money? Not beyond spending a little money but, you know?

#131092 by gbheil
Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:06 pm
Got to be a premier member to initiate contact.
Lot of debate as to the "value" of this service.

I built our band here. It was not easy. Frustrating and time consuming with a send respond ratio of about 20/1.

But the band is here. And been together going on our fourth year.

That is proof enough for me.

#131155 by Treeguy
Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:30 am
Thanks, yeah I see how it works now. I made some changes so I could be reached...I hope I don't regret. LOL a little.

#131185 by gbheil
Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:25 pm
Best wishes.

#167017 by Emilyangel
Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:57 am
Agree ~~~~Best wishes!!!!!!!

#167110 by TylerBarnes
Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:09 pm
Yeah, it really gets under my skin when folks treat music collaboration sites like they are myspace.

To anyone that has no audio on their page: Do you honestly expect people to just take your word on it that you can actually contribute to their band?

There is just no point in making a profile, in my opinion, if you have nothing to listen to. Even if someone does contact you, the first thing they are going to ask is "You have any samples?". You're just shifting the problem back one step. One might argue that photos of them on a stage could give them credibility, but any hack 'Battle of the Bands' event around the country will gladly take your ticket money in exchange for time on their stage providing an opportunity to snag a few photos.

[rant mode off]