This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All other music related items.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#15245 by RhythmMan
Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:42 pm
Cool article for those interested in this kind of stuff.
Seems to be legitmate.
Music appears in painting "Last Supper." Just draw in 5 lines of musical staff, and read from right to left . . . hands and loaves of bread appear to be musical notes . . .
. . .
"Though Leonardo was more noted for his paintings, sculptures and visionary inventions, he was also a musician. Da Vinci played the lyre and designed various instruments. His writings include some musical riddles, which must be read from right to left . . ."
. . .
Article appeared 11-10-07, CNN
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/11 ... index.html

#15258 by Irminsul
Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:50 pm
Intriguing. I can read the left part (it's in C major and the cadence sure doesn't sound requiem like, as they are fond of saying) but whats going on on the right with all the red lines is hard to decipher. I guess I'll have to get the book.

I wouldn't doubt Leonardo would have done something like this. He was not only enormously talented in many art forms, but he was a cryptophile - someone who loved creating and solving codes and puzzles. He's gotta be laughing from his grave right now, sighing to himself "NOW they see it. Took them long enough..."

#15303 by RhythmMan
Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:39 pm
Irminsul,
I uploaded a better version of the picture on my profile.
It's straightened, and brightened.
Let me know when you've got it, because it's not mine, and I don't want to leave it there.

#15328 by Irminsul
Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:56 pm
Thank you RhythmMan, I snagged it.

#15344 by RhythmMan
Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:36 am
Your welcome.

#43943 by tyrocks00
Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:02 pm
Man that's cool. thanks.