This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All other music related items.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#257390 by RGMixProject
Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:25 pm
Just a little advice about non-electric acoustic guitars. As a producer/sound engineer/musician I would advise that if your are gonna play blues with a band on stage then get a electric acoustic.

I have worked with a Takamine GD30-E on stage and I will have to say it was sounding great with no feedback/hum/or noise. It did have some finger noise at around 560hz but with a slight negative EQ very clean sound.
Last edited by RGMixProject on Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#257397 by Planetguy
Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:30 pm
it's all subjective and a matter of personal taste but i think you have a little bit of a "Goldilocks situation" w those three choices....too big....too small.....

two of those are big bodied dreadnaught body size/shape gtrs. those are generally favored by bluegrass players and solo singer/songwriters as they put out a lot of volume and lots of low end bass booty.

you certainly CAN play blues on them (or ANY gtr) but i'd have to say that's not the most popular size/body style for blues guys.....more often they prefer smaller bodied gtrs that do a better job w mid range and high frequencies.

both of them have full length/full scale necks...the YAMAHA however has a very short scale neck that might actually sound pretty good for blues providing you don't have bigger hands. the down side is that chords might be a little "cramped" because the frets are much closer together.

if you're interested in playing blues you might also look at some resonator gtrs in that price range. i've been impressed w some made by ROGUE. good bang for the buck.

bon chance!
#257404 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:46 pm
What's your actual budget?
Where are you located - profile says US, but two of those links were Euro priced?
Do you need to be able to plug in (electric) - or you going to be playing live?
What is your experience level?