This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All other music related items.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#244112 by stickbag
Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:34 pm
Dose anyone else find it irritating searching for bands only to find most of these so called bands are individuals looking for a guitar. drums. singer and on and on. I wish someone would monitor them. :x
#244113 by schmedidiah
Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:54 pm
That's a little vague. But I take it you mean one person is a startup band, seeking all members?
That would be slightly annoying.
#244120 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:24 pm
It's very easy to miss the choice between band/musician when setting up an account here, and once selected in a profile you can't change it.
#244124 by DainNobody
Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:56 pm
is Stevie Winwood a band? or just a guy?.. is Lee Ritenour a band or just a guy?.. the "guy" that wrote Johnny B. Goode was a guy that used pickup bands all across the U.S. while touring the U.S. in a Cadillac.. so what's the beef?
#244125 by schmedidiah
Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:33 pm
You're talking about the cream of the crop, Dayne. Those guys are beyond few and far between.
#244128 by DainNobody
Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:29 pm
just trying to point out a band can pass as one person doing a solo thing like me at the swap meets for tips, and acquired business opportunities from letting walkers hear the playing and passing tips etc. or you can have a five pc. band that sucks cause they ain't "in synch"
#244130 by Planetguy
Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:44 pm
Dayne Nobody IV wrote:just trying to point out a band can pass as one person doing a solo thing like me at the swap meets for tips, and acquired business opportunities from letting walkers hear the playing and passing tips etc. or you can have a five pc. band that sucks cause they ain't "in synch"

schmed, i bet you wish 86db was still around to weigh in on that. :wink:

(so, lay down schmedy, i been trying all night long just to.....)
#244134 by Planetguy
Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:56 pm
stickbag wrote:Dose anyone else find it irritating searching for bands only to find most of these so called bands are individuals looking for a guitar. drums. singer and on and on. I wish someone would monitor them. :x

doesn't irritate me at all...then again, i'm not cruising looking for a situation.

posting your a band on band mix

but i have sometimes pretended to irritated by people using "your" when the correct way to go would be "you're"!

but that's only reserved for when someone tries to claim intellectual higher ground while it's "snowing in the south". (their skirt is showing). 8)

welcome to Bandmix.