This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All other music related items.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#237509 by Jay1086
Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:22 am
Quick background: I was sick for three years, with another year to get strong again, and now I'm healthy and clean and raring to go. I've played the harmonica professionally for thirty years.

Now I really want to play the music that was always most dear to me: blues of the Chicago variety. I've been trying to make my presence known for a year, putting up adds on numerous Facebook groups and, of course, here, and nothing seems to be working. I don't expect to make much money, I just want to play for people, which I love to do.

There appears to be a pretty active blues scene in this city, but it's a somewhat clique-oriented, it seems to me, and I can't find a way in.

I've been out of action for a good while, but I still have much to offer. What am I doing wrong?

J
#237517 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:40 pm
Get out to those clubs/bars where the bands are playing, introduce yourself to the players when they take a break.
Find an open mic or blues jam where you can go and play.