This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All other music related items.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#222184 by ErikJ
Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:19 am
how do i copyright my lyrics that i create??? some advice would be generous!

#222483 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:01 pm
Sorry, missed this when you posted last week.
If these are just lyrics, who is going to read/hear them? Copyright whole songs when you are playing them out or releasing them commercially.
If you're afraid that bandmates/collaboraters are going to steal them, you can register just lyrics, there's an online form at the US Copyright Office. Cost is $35 per registration, whether it is 1 song/lyric or a whole collection.

#222577 by tez4495
Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:02 am
Hello , i went through this in 2006 , never actually sent my lyrics anywhere to get copyrighted , because as i understand it , they are copyrighted the moment you write them down .

Tez.

#222594 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:17 pm
tez4495 wrote:Hello , i went through this in 2006 , never actually sent my lyrics anywhere to get copyrighted , because as i understand it , they are copyrighted the moment you write them down .
Tez.

That's what people want to believe. But when you try to sue that big-name guy with the $1000/hour lawyer for stealing your heart-written lyrics/song, the proof in writing is substantial.

#222616 by tez4495
Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:07 pm
http://www.apra-amcos.com.au/About/Copy ... tFAQs.aspx

Hello , above is a link to info about copyright in Australia , and i do agree that having written proof e.g. having your work Notarized will help , to prove your case , if needed .

But i decided against paying someone to file away my composition , only to collect dust .

Just my opinion , not disagreeing with anyone , i may be wrong .