This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All other music related items.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#211330 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:14 pm
I don't do MP3 downloads, but congratulations.

What service did you use to get on Amazon? CDBaby, Tunecore. etc?

#211598 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:02 pm
mazal tov! (Congratulations)

Checking out the samples, that's some weird music...I love it!

But wasn't the title "Tarkhem" already used by ELP (Emerson, Lake, & Palmer) in the 70s?

GuitarMike....I signed up with TuneCorp less than a month ago and I'm loving it.

#211635 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:36 pm
yod wrote:mazal tov! (Congratulations)

Checking out the samples, that's some weird music...I love it!

But wasn't the title "Tarkhem" already used by ELP (Emerson, Lake, & Palmer) in the 70s?

GuitarMike....I signed up with TuneCorp less than a month ago and I'm loving it.

ELP >>> Tarkus

Thing I don't like about Tunecore is they charge you per year for each release. It's only $30 for the first year, saves you $20 over CDBaby for that first year.
YOD - have you used Tunecore's Publishing option?

#211645 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:35 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
YOD - have you used Tunecore's Publishing option?

I signed one CD up with them only yesterday, we'll see how it goes. If you're releasing songs through TuneCore, it makes sense that they would be the best publishing administrator. For a one year deal at 10% you can't beat it.

It took me every bit of 4 minutes to release a song worldwide yesterday. That's worth $20. It may not start showing up for another week but the work to get that done was so quick.

#211759 by Etu Malku
Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:49 pm
Using Createspace

#211765 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:49 pm
Etu Malku wrote:Using Createspace

That's what I used for my CD. I think I will use a combination of CreateSpace (for amazon sales) and Kunaki (for copies for me to give/sell) for my next one. The only real difference between them (other than cost) is that with Kunaki you only have a 2-sided insert, so the Amazon one will have lyrics on the inside 2 pages of the 4-side insert, no lyrics on the ones I sell.
The Createspace disc tray is clear, too, so you can put a picture 'behind it', Kunaki's disc trays are black.