This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All other music related items.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#153019 by Etu Malku
Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:54 am
It's rare these days that I'll record an actual song with vocals, much less a cover . . . but this Bowie tune has been haunting me for weeks so I just had to let it out . . . enjoy the ghoulish Bowie/Eno vocals and Frippy guitar, all produced by Trent (in my dreams!) :shock:

**Go to my www. link at the bottom to listen

#153054 by gbheil
Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:13 pm
Followed the link ... did not find the music?

#153105 by Starfish Scott
Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:57 pm
Same here, I saw the pile of music at the bottom left side but which is the tune?

Gee, I hope you are easier to communicate with the next time you round this galaxy..lol

#153129 by gbheil
Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:18 pm
OK ... that's much easier ... listening now, thanks.

#153221 by Starfish Scott
Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:49 pm
Way too slow to evolve, nothing till 2:10ish.

Sounds like Billy Idol drunk vocals covering Bowie.

I'd cut some of the intro, it's just too long.
I'd also want to speed the whole thing up some else it just doesn't feel ???

Nice effects, overall composition needs work.

#153222 by Etu Malku
Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:15 pm
Chief Engineer Scott wrote:Way too slow to evolve, nothing till 2:10ish.

Sounds like Billy Idol drunk vocals covering Bowie.

I'd cut some of the intro, it's just too long.
I'd also want to speed the whole thing up some else it just doesn't feel ???

Nice effects, overall composition needs work.
Thanks Chief! I did leave out the chorus which is the Hook too!

I can speed it up and check it out! Maybe I better stick to esoteric noodlings!!

#153223 by Starfish Scott
Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:09 pm
Etu, don't take it the wrong way..

It sounds good and the changes I suggest are merely personal.

Hella better than some we hear on here....do whatever you feel good with !!!!

Give us some more.

#153225 by Etu Malku
Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:18 pm
Chief Engineer Scott wrote:Etu, don't take it the wrong way..

It sounds good and the changes I suggest are merely personal.

Hella better than some we hear on here....do whatever you feel good with !!!!

Give us some more.
No way, there are quite a few members here that I respect their opinion . . . thanks!
#153349 by PaperDog
Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:10 am
Etu Malku wrote:It's rare these days that I'll record an actual song with vocals, much less a cover . . . but this Bowie tune has been haunting me for weeks so I just had to let it out . . . enjoy the ghoulish Bowie/Eno vocals and Frippy guitar, all produced by Trent (in my dreams!) :shock:

Dude! Awsome job! I mean what an amazing Concept of production...
Okay I'm jazzed...

1) You have GOT to bring forward the voice tracks (Left and right/... Keep them panned like you did, but they gotta be out front. :D

Love the rythyms with the deep Toms/bass you threw in there.

The song is about endless , unrequieted, unchangeble burning passion...The VOCALS gotta get out there to get that across. Currently they got buried...Unbury them and let that fire out! :D
#153545 by Etu Malku
Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:48 am
PaperDog wrote:
Etu Malku wrote:It's rare these days that I'll record an actual song with vocals, much less a cover . . . but this Bowie tune has been haunting me for weeks so I just had to let it out . . . enjoy the ghoulish Bowie/Eno vocals and Frippy guitar, all produced by Trent (in my dreams!) :shock:

Okay I'm jazzed...

1) You have GOT to bring forward the voice tracks (Left and right/... Keep them panned like you did, but they gotta be out front. :D

The song is about endless , unrequieted, unchangeble burning passion...The VOCALS gotta get out there to get that across. Currently they got buried...Unbury them and let that fire out! :D
Done . . .vocals up a bit, I also kicked up the kick drum to keep the rock feel . . . lemme know!

THANKS!

http://snd.sc/qLfN7b
#156659 by PaperDog
Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:33 am
Etu Malku wrote:
PaperDog wrote:

Okay I'm jazzed...

Done . . .vocals up a bit, I also kicked up the kick drum to keep the rock feel . . . lemme know!

THANKS!

http://snd.sc/qLfN7b

Much Better on The Vocals... Maybe drop back a little on the gate/delay I like the L & R swapping. and the guitar work.. Excellent rendition! ;)

#156668 by Starfish Scott
Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:12 pm
ETU, give up the covers and write your music.
You got enough to spit it out.

1) Vocals not crisp enough/too slow for me imo.
2) Guitar track very entertaining, but emphasize Bb even on the solo.

Harder/more on the Bb will fill this out to feel much fuller/heavy feel.

Ach my ears are messing with me.. I might be talking a Cm, I need to see the tab to be sure.. sorry if i am mistaken.

#157467 by Starfish Scott
Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:02 pm
ETU if you have a paying membership, write me mail via the regular system.

I get the minty sensation that we might be able to work together a bit here in the future...

-S.