This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Offer your professional services here.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#272904 by mix-trader
Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:25 pm
Hello !

I’m writing to advertise on a website I’ve just launched where I propose audio mixing services – in case you’re interested or know musicians/bands that might be: http://www.mix-trader.com

Pricing is based on supply and demand, so since I’ve just launched it prices are way below market price (I’m even offering my first mix for free :-) )

Cheers,

Moussa
mix-trader.com
#272909 by DainNobody
Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:56 pm
would you consider an equity share arrangement? ex. my tune starts growing wings and takes off as a commercial success , would you consider 8% of revenue garnered? :)
#272988 by GuitarMikeB
Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:06 pm
There are guys on fiverr.com that will do your mixing for $5 for a certain amount of tracks. And others who will 'master' your tracks for $5.

This guy doesn't even have a built-in music player on his website, he's using bandcamp. Notice that he doesn't post any pricing, either. 'First mix is 'free', but over on the right he tells you he'll send you a demo mix, and do 2 revisions, but then will charge you for the final mix.
Having done mixing for others, I know that to do it right, there has to be a lot of 'back-and-forth' with the client - the mixing engineer's ideas and likes don't necessarily match the musician's/band's. Most importantly, the tracks need to be recorded well to start with. Otherwise the mixer is trying to polish a turd. (You can make the turd shiny, but its still a piece of sh!t)
#275308 by mix-trader
Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:20 pm
Hello all,

Thanks for your replies - and my deepest apologies, I just saw your messages - I'm new to BandMix and was expecting to receive emails in case of replies but didn't.

@Dayne: no, I don't propose this kind of arrangement.

@James: not sure I understand your question. wetransfer.com is a quick/easy way to exchange files. If you'd like that I mix your album, I'm more than happy to give it a go, let me know (easiest would be to use the contact page on my site)

@Mike: you're right, I'm using Bandcamp. I'm not a professional website developper so I'm doing my best to use the easiest tools available. I'm happy about the Bandcamp player for now but if you know a better (and easy to implement) solution I'm open to suggestions :). The pricing thing is a misunderstanding: my very first mix (for my first client) was free (and it's done so the offer doesn't stand anymore) - now the current price is written on the website - and is still charged only after the 2 revisions. I agree with you regarding the importance of recording, mixing is just part of the whole story - but still an important part of it, as the demos on my website show. So far my clients are happy about the results.

Cheers,

Moussa