This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Offer your professional services here.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#255891 by jjohnson88
Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:29 pm
Hi!

I'm offering my myriad audio services to anyone who may be interested.

I'm a lifelong musician and the study of music theory, which encompasses its creation and notation, with the advent of (well, MIDI first) DAWs, 1:1 virtual instrumens, and the convenience (though not always easy) therein, has led me to be a very capable creator of music armed with Spectrasonics Omnisphere and Addictive Drums, the only two virtual instruments one will ever need. I once performed a test with a friend, telling him to go into the next room, and tell me what instrument I was playing by sound alone. I simply used the "Steel Guitar" patch included with Omnisphere, and began to jam away at the keys, executing pitch bends so as not to throw him off. His answer? A steel guitar, no question. When I told him it was software and in fact the instrument was my keyboard, the guy almost had a heart attack. Unfortunately this has led to the perception among the unknowledgeable that these excellent tools mean, "click button, out comes song", which is simply untrue. Same for Addictive Drums in terms of quality, my SoundCloud contains many examples of both softwares' use.

Anyhow, disregarding the rant, I'm an expert sound engineer with a keen ear for the subtle elements that make a mix good, what's missing, and when there's simply too much. So, I offer complete engineering of your song/album provided you provide me with resources, and if requested, production of the track using my own intuition and abilities based on the style of music. Also, I'd be happy to simply write a song for someone and supply the source data. Everything that I can do with music, I'm offering here as a service. Rates are highly comparable, and are determined strictly, takiing into account your budget first and foremost. Regardless, you'll never receive a bad piece of music from me if you choose me - I stake my word on that and a money back + 25% guarantee!

You can hear a small sampling of my music in my SoundCloud in my profile. The latest track is a great example of how, on a whim, I can come up with cohesive ideas and a unique ability to implement with highly pleasing musical qualities: color, rhythm, frequency cleanliness, and more. I also do not subscribe to the loudness war; your tracks will not clip to the maximum and lose all dynamics as a result. I have a very effective method of making a track loud while keeping dynamics intact. "WE HAVE VOLUME DIALS FOR A REASON"! :)

Best regards,

Jeremy Johnson
[email protected]

https://soundcloud.com/jeremy-johnson-2 ... hot-improv

^^ example of my work, with only about 30 minutes of work outside of playing the tracks (which are condensed from over 3hr to 10min :p); daily practice sessions have been a part of my music since age 11. I just decided to record 10 min of for SoundCloud, to demonstrate my abilities as a dynamic keyboard player (though I was only using a 2 octave keyboard at the time), and as a person for whom music runs in the veins and improvising it second nature. :)

The first 5 minutes is a Grand Piano part, and at 5:00, the Grand Piano exits and enters a big, heavy driven lead guitar patch I created in Omnisphere. Even if you aren't interested in my services, that guitar is worth hearing in any case. No one would believe it's software (Except for the lack of bends and harmonics here intrinsic to a real guitar - I disable the harmonics usually as preference, and was practicing so hard here I didn' think to reach over to the wheels.