This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Speakers, amps.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#21447 by Wragg
Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:19 pm
We are getting married in July (19th) and need a PA system as we're marrying in private gardens and everyone needs to be able to hear our vows and the music!
Can anyone advise us on what sort of system we need?

Thanks and Kindest Regards,

#21461 by RhythmMan
Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:22 pm
You need to tell us how big of an area it is, how far away the people will be, and something about the acoustics. All bushes around, or low gardens, tall trees, a nearby wall . . . what kind of music, how loud . . .
On second thought: forget all that.
You might want to save yourself a lot of trouble and just hire a DJ, who would know all about that stuff, and have all the equipment and music and everything . . .

#22703 by 1 Richard
Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:55 pm
Way to put us live preformers out of Busniess RythemMan_Blues folk rock
We Live preformers also have large Pa systems that would do the job you describe.
So check out your favorit live band as well..Ask the questions you need answered.
Regards

#22722 by Wragg
Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:37 pm
Thank you for your help.
We're just having our ceremony in a secret garden which is approx. 9m wide by 12 m in length so quite small. It depends if i can find a guitarist who can play Cat Stevens songs as to whether we have a 'live band' or stereo!

#22777 by gbheil
Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:24 pm
sunds to me that any sterio would fit your need, Live acoustic music in a venue thet size would be awsome.
#27974 by COOLWATER
Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:44 am
Wragg wrote:We are getting married in July (19th) and need a PA system as we're marrying in private gardens and everyone needs to be able to hear our vows and the music!

HI IM FROM CHARLOTTESVILLE VA MY NAME IS GARY HUDSON I HAVE MY ON BAND COOLWATEREXPRESS MY ADVICE IS TO BUY A PEAVY 400 HUNDERD WATT PA MIXER HEAD AND TWO PEAVY SP 5 SPEAKERS EACH SPEAKER WITH 15INCH SPEAKERS AND AT LEST 500 WATTS EACH OF THEM GLAD TO HELP ANY ONE CONGRADULATIONS ON YOURE MARRIGE YOURS TRUELY HILLBILLY DELUX MY EMAIL IS [email protected]
#27975 by COOLWATER
Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:46 am
Wragg wrote:We are getting married in July (19th) and need a PA system as we're marrying in private gardens and everyone needs to be able to hear our vows and the music!

HI IM FROM CHARLOTTESVILLE VA MY NAME IS GARY HUDSON I HAVE MY ON BAND COOLWATEREXPRESS MY ADVICE IS TO BUY A PEAVY 400 HUNDERD WATT PA MIXER HEAD AND TWO PEAVY SP 5 SPEAKERS EACH SPEAKER WITH 15INCH SPEAKERS AND AT LEST 500 WATTS EACH OF THEM GLAD TO HELP ANY ONE CONGRADULATIONS ON YOURE MARRIGE YOURS TRUELY HILLBILLY DELUX MY EMAIL IS [email protected] AND BUY SHURE 58 MICROPHONES THERE THE BEST