This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Speakers, amps.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#247397 by mark1089662
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:24 pm
Hi guys, just after a little advice. I play in a band in Spain around various local bars. We have on occasion had problems with bad noise on the mains supply and would like to get our hands on a good moderately priced mains conditioner to get rid of the dirt on the mains supply and keep it regulated.

We would only need a max supply of 20A, we just run one mains lead to a 16A socket and connect everything from there to avoid ground loops. The noises we need to eliminate are from fluorescent lights, air con motors, fridges and freezers, most venues have plenty of these running which can cause some issues from time to time.

Can anyone recommend a good make for a mains conditioning unit. This is for Spain so it will need to be available with the correct socket outlets.
#247410 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:41 pm
Furman is the big name in power conditioners here. I'd suggest trying a Euro music dealer like Thomann to see what they offer.
Here's their Spanish website:
http://www.thomann.de/es/index.html?sid=ff98500711dce3d8698a1754cfda6969
#250449 by RGMixProject
Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:56 pm
The problem with Spain is the 220v electrical system that has huge continuous fluctuation. Using a 220V Tripp-Lite power conditioner plugged into a Tripp-Lite UPS was the only thing I found that worked in Europe for club gigs and kept the sound clean. "Spain and Holland were the worst" You could always lug around your own generator but that is not very practical.

Edit; I forgot to add that if the current goes up by "lets say 17%, your power (watt) will go down 17% on 99% of electrical products.