This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Speakers, amps.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#96840 by Forsburg
Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:27 am
G-Audio 2x12 empty Guitar cabinet

This is a brand new high-end boutique G-Audio 2x12 guitar cabinet (EMPTY). The cabinet is built of 15-ply Baltic birch with dado and rabbit construction, coated in Line-X. The toughest material used on Pro Audio cabinets today. Has a cane grill and two edge mount handles. Purple Padded cover comes with it. $300

Buyer is responsible for picking up of equipment located in Mount Joy, PA.
Contact Jeff at (919) 606-3443

#96926 by Starfish Scott
Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:23 pm
300$ for an empty 2x12?

We really have the market cornered for whack jobs over here.

Even on craigslist, we see this sh*t every day.

Marshall vintage, empty cab, no 4x12's, 200$.

FAQ THAT NOISE. WHEN YOU TOOK THE SPEAKERS OUT, IT BECAME A GLORIFIED CARDBOARD BOX AND I'D BUILD MY OWN BEFORE I PAID YOU FOR AN EMPTY CAB.

Is wood difficult to buy or tolex hard for you to handle?

Remove head from ass, please.
#109904 by Cornwallav8r
Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:16 pm
Lemme guess, you're under 18?
Plywood alone to build these would set you back this much.
Then there is the proper acoustic design that goes into it.
Then proper assembly, i.e. dovetails or dado/rabbet construction to make it sturdy.
You won't do a proper cabinet like this for twice that amount, not even counting all your labor.

#110469 by Forsburg
Mon May 03, 2010 5:02 pm
Dear Capt. Scott,

You really need to do some research before you think of yourself as an expert on designing and building speaker cabinets.

Your comment of “its just a cardboard box without speakers in it” is like saying a Custom PRS or a John Suhr guitar is comparable to a off-the-shelf Ibanez once you take the hardware off of it, “it’s just wood”…

These are from the same stock of custom boutique guitar cabinets that were built for Pat Travers, Steve Morse, and Paul Stanley and I believe those guys can tell the difference between a quality tuned cabinet and the common as you call it “cardboard” speaker cabinet.

Here’s a little lesson for you… All speakers have these things called "Thiele/Small" parameters which are all unique to each speaker “basically like a fingerprint” and the cabinet much match the internal volume of the cabinet in order to have peek performance which the average guitar speaker cabinet does not, mostly because the average guitar player can’t afford to have a cabinet of that caliber so the go with the standard off the shelf cabinet which work under most circumstances but for the picky of us we match everything, even down to the internal gauge wire used, which is more important than you know for low resistance and lowering thermal distortion.

Here is the breakdown:

2-sheet of 19mm 15-ply Russian birch plywood (A-A Void free grade) $110 each (without shipping)
Line-X heat thermal coating $70
Imported Cane Grill $85 (without shipping)
Edge Mount Handles $30 (without shipping)
Metal (not Plastic) connector mount with ¼ & Neutrik NL-4 connector $50 (without shipping)
14-guage Monster Cable (Balanced Pair) $10 (without shipping)
Dado/Rabbet construction All cut on a CNC machine for precision
Labor and design time and testing…

These were left from the factory when it closed down in North Carolina so we are basically giving these away to get them out of storage and for a real musician with a real set of ear that knows what they are listening too would appreciate these cabinets but someone like yourself that thinks a Ferrari is the same as a Ford pickup just because they are both motor vehicles, you need to stay with your cardboard box guitar cabinets so you won’t get confused and feel badly about your choices in life… Just kidding!

These are boutique guitar cabinets and not for the average players… Sorry!

#111475 by Starfish Scott
Thu May 13, 2010 5:57 pm
Well if I took you by surprise, I apologize.

FACT is I just got an AVATAR 2x12 with speakers for 100$.

Good luck selling the overpriced stuff, but this sucker was not born last night.

(I also got a fender combo cab for 40$, no speakers)

Wanna buy it for 300$? I didn't think so.

Think product vs market..

You telling your break even price is that high? (BULLSHIT)

I suggest you either change supplier or something else because people do not want to pay for the stuff that can be made in your garage EASILY.

YEAH, it may not be pretty but functional is what people want, unless you have tons of $ to throw away on overpriced stuff.

"I aspire to use items that are functional, not pretty or gaudy as the player makes the music, not the equipment".