This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Mics, pre-amps, boards, etc.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#2673 by scooke
Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:25 pm
I am about to purchase a Mackie Onyx mixer with the Firewire card that allows it to record to the computer with Cubase or whatever... it's looks pretty cool online, being that I can control each channel through my computer after it's done recording and mix in software effects...
but yeah, does anyone have any knowledge or personal experience with these mixers?

-Scott Cooke
[email protected]

#2767 by Guest
Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:37 pm
I have a Mackie Onyx 1620. Ivw been recording sessions with a couple of live bands for close to a year now. The Onyx is indespensible for recording live bands, and works well in a home studio environment also. I would reccomend using Tracktion software which comes with the Onyx. I have one version running on my pc in my home studio, and another one on a laptop, which I bring to gigs. I can fecord up to 16 channels simultaneously. I wouldn't use anything else!!!
#2813 by scooke
Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:31 pm
Got the mixer and I used Cubase SX3... AMAZING! Sorry I dont have any recordings to prove this, its just that I am very self conscious with this stuff..
scott cooke

#3451 by Chemical Residue
Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:12 pm
Is it better than Alesis mixers or Yamaha or Behringer Eurodesks?

#4979 by Aguerra
Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:00 am
i need help with cakewalk music creator 3..when i try to record over the beat it records the beat and my vocals are very faint..can anyone help me.? i'd really appreciate it.

#7012 by mistermikev
Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:27 pm
you are probably outputting sound and that sound is not going to a sep channel than you are recording in on. ex if out on chnls 3 & 4... you should be recording in on chnls 1 & 2. Not sure of your exact issue... what are you using for soundcard and or mixer going in??

#12525 by Starfish Scott
Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:23 pm
What he said. CAKEWALK, vocals on channel 1. That should solve the soft vocal issues.

Is the beat you hear the metronome? (turn it off)
#34056 by MightyHornMusic DotCom
Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:37 am
scooke wrote:I am about to purchase a Mackie Onyx mixer with the Firewire card that allows it to record to the computer with Cubase or whatever... it's looks pretty cool online, being that I can control each channel through my computer after it's done recording and mix in software effects...
but yeah, does anyone have any knowledge or personal experience with these mixers?
All the other mixers are great but the new SRM450 V2 are not reliable.
-Scott Cooke
[email protected]