This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Mics, pre-amps, boards, etc.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#233168 by rsw1002645
Sat May 03, 2014 12:09 pm
Hello, dear forum users!
I am planning to buy a lavalier microphone.
My budget is up to $ 1,000

The main requirement for the microphone are the sound should be maximally “bass” and deep, i.e. it will be perfectly if the speech sounds more confidently.

At the same time, the recording will be carried out on the street at the average frivolity.
During the recording only one person will speak, i.e. there is no need to identify the extraneous sounds.
It will be perfectly, if it identifies only the man speech, who wears the microphone.

I have looked through a lot of reviews and tests.
I have selected the best variants:
Sony UWP-V6
Sennheiser G3
Sony UWP D11
Sony UWP-V1 (the best one to my mind).

I have not found any specific tests and comparisons of Sony UWP D11 that is why I have not the possibility to compare it with the rest ones.
In my opinion, Sony UWP-V1 is better as it copes with the noise and extraneous sounds much more efficiently than Sennheiser G3.
At the same time, the sound is almost the same in all of them.
However, there will certainly be the differences in the accessories, fittings and other things.

It would be better to minimize them.
I mean it should have the most compact design and be easy in installation/setup.
What can you advise me, which of these microphones is better according to all these requirements? Perhaps there is the better variant ... the most important thing is that it should have more bass in the sound, “the trust sounding”.

Could you, please, help me?

Thank you, in advance!
#233186 by Eman Groove
Sun May 04, 2014 5:53 pm
First, consult with a videographer or a sound tech who has experience in these areas because they use Lap mics in a lot of projects.

Secondly, before you buy something you might only use once or with limited frequency - try renting one. It will give you some skill training.

Thirdly, don't get hung up on "brand names" because the overall design is the same for one to the other.
#233238 by rsw1002645
Tue May 06, 2014 1:04 pm
Eman Groove wrote:First, consult with a videographer or a sound tech who has experience in these areas because they use Lap mics in a lot of projects.

Secondly, before you buy something you might only use once or with limited frequency - try renting one. It will give you some skill training.

Thirdly, don't get hung up on "brand names" because the overall design is the same for one to the other.

Compressor in audio interface is needed for two reasons:

1. Sound is processed in real time for broadcast online (webinars). And this is one reason why it is very desirable Hardware compressor, because software sometimes without shamanism is very difficult to set up for online-translation

2. Portability, which, again, is attainable by the "universality" of the device, rather than a single compressor and separate audio interface

> When you reference 'synthesizer input' - do you mean MIDI? If so, with MIDI DIN connector or USB?

I'm not completely sure, because knowledge of synthesizers close to zero, and this is only needed in the near future ... if there is a good synth with USB, then certainly it is better USB, because audio interface is needed is USB, which is planned to be used only in conjunction with a laptop