This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Mics, pre-amps, boards, etc.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#134319 by soulmike 58
Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:23 am
Hi im new to the forum just wanna ask anyone out there about souncards for cubase im having a computer based studio built in the new year im going for the latest version of cubase having used it before and am familiar with it but need advice on which soundcard to use also does it run with quadcore cpu ? if i were to ask what advice would be forthcoming concerning specs which motherboard cpu etc... its being built from scratch and i need to record midi and loadsa audio through a mackie desk
thanks
#134323 by RGMixProject
Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:37 pm
soulmike 58 wrote:Hi im new to the forum just wanna ask anyone out there about souncards for cubase im having a computer based studio built in the new year im going for the latest version of cubase having used it before and am familiar with it but need advice on which soundcard to use also does it run with quadcore cpu ? if i were to ask what advice would be forthcoming concerning specs which motherboard cpu etc... its being built from scratch and i need to record midi and loadsa audio through a mackie desk
thanks

Do you mean mackie as in "mixing board" or "computer".
If you have a mackie board is it USB or Firewire or analog?

#134508 by soulmike 58
Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:34 am
mackie mixing desk... all the audio goes through the desk into the computer i retain more control over the signal that way