This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Mics, pre-amps, boards, etc.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#161448 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:28 pm
The Samson USB mic (C01U) is a decent condensor mic for under $100 and plugs directly into your computer. It's got a warm sound to it and there is software to make it sound like a more expensive mic, but it seems to work just fine for home demos anyway.

#164862 by joshuatrax
Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:36 am
I'd highly recommend a Sennheiser MK 4 condenser microphone !
I've owned 1 for 3 months now...Its $299.99, Its the best mic in its range,
I would suggest you stay away from the
Audio-Technica AT2020 & Rode NT-1a and any kind of USB mic.
I've had both and i ended up taking them back because the Rode was WAYYYY too bright and the AT2020 was WAYYY too dull.
I also had a Samson C01U which was my first mic...It was too much work to get it to sound good...and it had a slight hum.
The MK4 is just right ! sounds great on Vocals !!!!
And takes E.Q. very well !
---------------------------------
You will also need an Interface or Mixer to get your mic hooked up to your computer.
I also recommend the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 or Mackie ProFX8.
They are really great quality products ! You wont be disappointed,
I promise.
Hope this helps !

#167947 by SingingFool
Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:25 pm
Chief Engineer Scott wrote:Are you kidding?

Here: let me give you a quick tip.

WHATEVER your question might be....

TRY asking the question in a search engine like GOOGLE and then read a little before asking here. It will help you to save face in general.

Try it, anyone can do it.

This Lady was way too nice to you. Are you kidding me?

Let's see, you can Google and get whatever paid sponsor has their link up top, or you can post on a semi-professional board and talk to people who actually use the equipment and have real, unpaid opinions on the matter.

Thank you to everyone else who posted legitimate information. Those links are useful and provides some answers to a common question.

#167957 by Starfish Scott
Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:16 pm
Check the date, singing "fool"... you are just a little late.

Let's see, about 2 years now?

#167979 by SingingFool
Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:37 pm
Chief Engineer Scott wrote:Check the date, singing "fool"... you are just a little late.

Congratulations on your discovery on the persistence of the internet. The thread is still live and relevant, or are you trying to say you have reformed your ways over the last 2 years?

Again, thanks to those who took the question seriously.

#169292 by Soundchaser59
Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:54 am
SingingFool wrote:Let's see, you can Google and get whatever paid sponsor has their link up top, or you can post on a semi-professional board and talk to people who actually use the equipment and have real, unpaid opinions on the matter.

Excellent point. I believe it's what these forums are for.

Chief Engineer Scott wrote:Check the date, singing "fool"... you are just a little late.

And I believe you, Mister Scott, are a little bit too snippy for your own good. If you are too busy, too lofty on your own silver cloud, and too easily annoyed by ordinary people to help the newb amateur, then why don't you hang out on a real pro board and try to shove around people your own size?

While I'm waiting for a reply, I'll go listen to your master piece tracks that you have graciously shared links to. Flame on, Scotty, I can take it.....

#169318 by Starfish Scott
Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:09 pm
lol Yeah you're right, you are bigger especially around the waist.

But I digress..

#169323 by Soundchaser59
Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:49 pm
Immortalized for all time, exactly as you wish. Your welcome!

Chief Engineer Scott wrote:lol Yeah you're right, you are bigger especially around the waist.

But I digress..

The "Ignore" button was made exactly for people like you.

Please do us all a favor and add me to your Ignore list as well. Thank You in advance.

#169334 by Starfish Scott
Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:38 pm
Ok, you've been added.

lol

#191115 by Locorogue
Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:06 am
Chief Engineer Scott wrote:Are you kidding?

Here: let me give you a quick tip.

WHATEVER your question might be....

TRY asking the question in a search engine like GOOGLE and then read a little before asking here. It will help you to save face in general.

Try it, anyone can do it.

Amazing, this post bothered you so much you had to respond? It sucks what drives some. Almost 6,00 posts for you here, congratulations, what an achievement. I couldn't imagine how many post you have collectively in other forums...you da man

#191234 by Starfish Scott
Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:11 pm
lol Faq You, Steve Vai.

'nuff said.