This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All things Keys.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#60634 by Erik Van
Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:54 pm
Hello,
I am new here, just thought I would say hi to all my fellow keyboard friends.
I am in Sacramento and have been playing for about 2 years now. My main instrument was drums but switched to keys in order to write my songs. I decided I like the keys much better!

I have a band that is Classical Metal and I am in another band that is metal and I also like to write more movie score type stuff. I am almost 18.
What is everybody else up to? and where are you guys at?
Anyway, HELLO from Sacramento!

#60669 by gbheil
Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:31 am
Howdy Erik ! From the great state of TEXAS !

#107747 by Dhartawni
Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:12 pm
Erik,
Hello there--I really like your music and vision. You mentioned that you also do film scores--are you open to collaborating on different projects, using your band? I am looking for someone like you who might want to compose a combination of classical and heavy metal soundtrack music to go along with some stage and Utube video performances I want to do, based on my stories and dialogue about the conflict of the ages--Lucifer's rebellion against God, along with the fallen angels he deceived, the War In Heaven between these rebel angels and the faithful angel-warriors, and Lucifer's loss of that battle, and their casting out from Heaven to hell and earth. Story also involves Satan's temptation and successful misleading of Adam and Eve, and their tragic downfall, and the resulting calamity to all humanity, and the on-going spiritual warfare between the forces of Darkness and Light. There are many action and battle scenes, as well as dialogue between Satan and the angels and demons, and Adam and Eve, and of course Satan's conversation with Eve in the Garden of Eden. This is heavy, powerful stuff, and I am looking for music that is equally so--both beautiful and powerful and gothic and symphonic, music that rocks heavy as Sabbath, but pretty , too, depending on the scene. So, Erik, what do you think? Would any of this interest you and your band? If you would like to talk, please feel free. Your listing just jumped out at me--in fact, it was the only one that caught my attention. You are very talented, and seem like the type of musician I need. I want to make films for Utube at first, like a television series of continuing episodes, in the hopes of creating interest and a following, and ultimately, the attention of Hollywood film-makers. It is a huge vision, I know, a daunting prospect, but I believe a most worthy one. I am seeking like-minded artists to form a band and company of artists to achieve this vast-epic-scope vision, and do something never done before in both music and film. So, if you might possibly be interested , in at least talking more about it, I would be honored. I can give you a brief demonstration of my material if you would like.
Thank you so much, Erik, and I wish you all the best with your creative endeavors!
Dana Miner
[email protected]