This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All things Keys.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#41284 by Andragon
Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:15 am
Professional + expensive sound: Sonar, Pro Tools, Cubase, etc.
So-so + affordable sound: Audacity, Garage Band, etc. They're all free.. I think. Google is your friend.

#42741 by andythekeyboardgenius
Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:36 am
You're having problems getting replies because the choices are now so immensely staggering. What kind of music do you play? What is your skill level? Do write for songs in recording sessions or for live entertainment? You would need to start there to have a sound grasp on what you should buy. What is your budget? That is the big question! No well written software is free! At least that I have found. Be careful where people might steer you, you could be breaking laws.
#116414 by RockPianoman
Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:34 am
cherrydarling5 wrote:Can anyone recommend a good studio sound module and/or pc computer software??? Thanx.

New Yamaha Motif Rack XS......2670 sampled sounds in it....you can stack up to 8 to make your own sounds.....or instead of stacking them, you could map 8 sounds to different sections of a keyboard......128 note polyphonic.....comes with its own computer software

Free Yamaha owners manuals & data lists at:

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/manual/english/index.php

and go on youtube and listen to them....use headphones to really hear them ....any Yamaha Motif XS keyboard video on youtube will be the same sounds

I forgot....when you go to download manuals, right click on the icon and select SAVE TARGET AS and select a folder where you want it to go....most manuals aren't named very well so if you rename them, you can keep track of them better