This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All things Keys.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#8429 by Beodwulf
Fri May 11, 2007 7:36 pm
I agree with just about everything that has been said on this post... as a keyboard/piano player I grow bored of the E key from the new rock... I was also raised in the 70's ELP, funk, piano driven (elton John, Billy Joel etc.. 8)

I'm currently taking another backward turn to learn the Jerry Lee Lewis, boogie woogie,, :twisted: etc.. been fun... love the rawness of the rockabilly... but as long as it takes chops to play... I'm in,, or there to support... love the live thing... got all these funny things I can do on my keyboard but... I'd rather be learning new stuff techniquely than learning electronic.. but I will get around to it.. maybe this summmer, maybe not...

Anyway, first time on this forum... will talk more soon...

Dennis
#9145 by Jim Helwig
Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:36 pm
Read all the posts in this thread and pretty much agree with all of you. I began playing an old Hammond M-3 in the early 60's. Started "pro" at age 16 (lied about my age, drinking age then in NY was 18). Hauled a B-3 for a bunch of years, played at many resorts in the Lake George/Bolton Landing areas of central NYS. Anyway, my "schtick" are the old standards (Sinatra, etc.) as well as some Latin, Big Band, Light Classic Rock, etc. I'm now living in Central Florida (Sebring). You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to get any sort of decent work. You'd think with all the Orlando resorts, and the resorts on both coasts, someone like me would be working 8 days a week. It just isn't happening....I'm finding that the posh resorts many times do not offer music, unlike the 70's when every Club had some sort of music. I've tried contacting agencies and individual agents down here, was a total waste of time. Anyone with some ideas on a venue or club that might be able to use me, drop me a line at [email protected] Jim H.

#31132 by andythekeyboardgenius
Sat May 10, 2008 12:39 am
Keyboard players UNITE! I feel that to many tunes or players play solos in the box Major or minor pentatonic. There is not enough thinking that goes into todays music or (cover)musicians. You have to make it melodic or it disappears in to the sea of mediocrity. I'm thinking of things that really make you think of the song like the the guitar solos in pink floyd's Time or Alan Parson Project's I wouldn't want to be like you. When you hear those solos you know that they are from those songs. Nobody "does their homework" anymore... That's my rant... When your with a good country cover band you will find this out pretty quick! I'm a prog rocker all the way, I grew up with Kansas, Boston, Pink Floyd, Steve Miller, The Beatles, Yes etc. they all have themes that no one can steal cause people will just say "hey that sounds like..."

#31330 by Starfish Scott
Mon May 12, 2008 10:41 pm
I hate on rap. LOL It's fun... you should try it.

A good keys player with the sound you really want is more rare than hen's teeth.

PS: I also hate on Country and Western..lol

#45931 by Toddster
Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:01 am
Me too I am still trapped in the mid 70's ,1980's and after 1994 or so I more or less lost interest.
the ONLY newer bands I like are Coldplay,The Killers,Alter Bridge(ex Creed guys minus their ols dick of a singer) and Foo Fighters(not that new).

That's it

Peace!

#195080 by directorproducerkimblerle
Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:58 pm
I would really love to talk to you !
Please email me!
I am looking for someone to collaborate with!
If you are still looking for someone...
[email protected]

#195111 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:12 pm
Nothing like dredging up a 4-year-old post on your first visit here!

#195159 by Starfish Scott
Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:54 pm
The best part is that by reading what she wrote, it's not obvious just to what entity she's talking to.. LOL

(strike 2)