This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All things Keys.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#188242 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:47 pm
The K4 is the 'vintage' (1992?) synth I picked up at GC a few weeks ago to use as my second key set in the Beatles tribute band. At $99 how could I resist - it's almost a throw-away at that price.

Anyway, finally got around to getting a new MIDI cable for it, and then downloaded some software that would let me edit patches and downloaded a whole bunch of patches, too...
...only to find out that none of the software will load up with a Windows 7 machine. :roll: Anyone have any ideas?
#188284 by Brad1954
Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:21 pm
I have the same problem in that I can not run my Cakewalk, M-Audio and Sonar on my windows 7 laptop. I have XP on my home computer and everything works OK. Windows 7 has an option to run as earlier versions of windows like XP. You can right click and choose "run as" or do a reinstall of the sofware and that is where you tell it to run as XP for that program.[/code]

#188360 by Starfish Scott
Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:54 pm
Yeah don't forget most of that software HATES sp3.

All my junk is sp2 and that's it.
If you upgrade to sp3, it'll never work again.

("Micro-softer than usual brains" coupled to the "Windows to nowhere" theme)

#188430 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:36 pm
How do you tell Windows 7 to run XP for a particular program?

#188549 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Bumping because of stupid spammer!

#188641 by Brad1954
Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:55 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:How do you tell Windows 7 to run XP for a particular program?
Right click on properties for a start and then go through a maze.burn the downloaded files to disc and install from the disc. windows might even ask what program you want to open the files from.

#190508 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:50 pm
Brad1954 wrote:
GuitarMikeB wrote:How do you tell Windows 7 to run XP for a particular program?
Right click on properties for a start and then go through a maze.burn the downloaded files to disc and install from the disc. windows might even ask what program you want to open the files from.

They are installation executable files, they don't need a program to open them, so burning them to a disc won't do any good.