This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All things Keys.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#188065 by airlockempire
Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:42 am
Hey, forum. This is my first post. I've got an old K2500 that I bought used, and it's served me well so far. It's fully upgraded, has the organ module, and works great. However, about a year ago, someone broke in to my apartment and tried to steal it.

Now, anyone who's ever played a K2500 can tell you that it's a very difficult keyboard to steal, especially right off of the keyboard stand like that. They got caught and dropped it on the endcap, shattering it completely.

The keyboard still works just as fine as ever, which is a testament to Kurzweil craftsmanship. But that broken endcap just really bugs me. There was a guy who was making custom wooden endcaps, but I can't seem to find any. So my question is, do any of you know of any supply stores or repair places that would have the endcaps in stock to ship to me or be able to get them? Google hasn't been very helpful so far.

Thanks!

#189987 by augustin187
Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:20 pm
have you had any luck... stuarthardystudios.com seems to be an option for wood end caps but i have not heard back from them, if you have any info email me

[email protected]

nice

thanks

T

#190230 by airlockempire
Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:54 pm
That's who I tried before. The guy seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. I found a Kurzweil-authorized repair place here, but I don't know if they'll be able to get the part. The K2500 is an old model, so Kurzweil may not even have the parts anymore.

#227695 by Starfish Scott
Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:43 am
A kurzweil K2500X?

Ahh, you need to sell that to me.. I'll take good care of it.