This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All things Keys.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#120153 by Sathya
Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:07 am
I'm attempting to buy a keyboard but i'm afraid that if it's too hard,i'll quit playing and waste my money. I've never played a piano / keyboard before so i've never knew the feeling of using the piano. Thnx for advance
#125702 by Camels hump
Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:30 pm
check out how to on you tube. guy was contestant on 'making music' tv show he learnt watching vids on you tube.
#133268 by Ibn Rah
Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:38 am
[quote="Sathya"]I'm attempting to buy a keyboard but i'm afraid that if it's too hard,i'll quit playing and waste my money. I've never played a piano / keyboard before so i've never knew the feeling of using the piano. Thnx for advance
___________________________________________________I've done the same"....It depends on what's in ur dreams"!!
A keyboard wasn't in my budget but I bought it to force music out of myself"! I've never learned to do anything other that hit a note or chord, couldn't play a song>! Because of the demand for keyboardists here and there, I began trying to mimic what I'd hear on a cd or one of the songs a particular cover band was playing!!...One year later, I'm playing keys for 3 bands!!

#136026 by Douglas Rawlings
Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:19 am
well.....if you're a lucky bloke or bloke-ette with a facility that allows you to self-educate, or simply pick instruments up easily, or if you are good at taking lessons and have patience, diligence, and determination, then no, the keys are not hard to learn...personally, i have never been good at taking instruction, but am one of those born-musicy types that can play just about anything i can get noise out of....lucky me, i've had a rich music education, but technique-wise am mostly self taught...that said, i have made a metric ton of money playing keys, and never took a lesson....you just gotta want it, man...
#205866 by Vox-Rocks-64
Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:32 am
Sathya wrote:I'm attempting to buy a keyboard but i'm afraid that if it's too hard,i'll quit playing and waste my money. I've never played a piano / keyboard before so i've never knew the feeling of using the piano. Thnx for advance
First thing ....Learn to play on a Hammond Organ..Learn the notes, basic chords and learn to read music...To learn a Synth, it has the same notes and chords, but it will take you along time to understand one ....

#205880 by Starfish Scott
Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:35 am
Bah learn to play the instrument, you can fake the settings later.

Gimme a keys player like D. Rawlings, they play like possessed men going into a trance..

#205909 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:31 pm
Leave it to the new Canuck (I can say that as I was bron in Canada) to respond to an old thread as his only participation on BM (with no info on his profile).
Hey, send the old Hammond my way!