This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Drums and Accessories.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#58020 by rolanddrums4aolcom
Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:40 pm
Anybody got any feed back on what they think is better now an accoustic set or say a set like Roland electronic ?? pros and cons

#58024 by gbheil
Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:50 pm
Depending I feel on genre' and venue size it can go either way.
Nothing beats the sound and visual image of a big set and shinny cymbals.
But the variability of tones and easly controled volume of electronics,not to mention ease of transpotation and set up, make a good argument as well.
It is much easier for me to control feedback when I dont have 7 more mics added to the set-up for the drums. And for a small venue we can set the volume of the vocals. Then mix instruments to fit the room.
#58026 by rolanddrums4aolcom
Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:55 pm
I agree If you look at my page you will see that i had a very large set and it was the best but i couldnt move it it was very loud we had a lot of truoble recording with it your locked ino just that sound for the most part so i went Roland and i gotta tell ya ill never go back but its all good

#58217 by Tw1zt3d
Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:35 am
If you want a wide range of sounds/kits, go with electric every time man. Like the other two guys said, they are much easier to move around also. I have both but my acoustic kit is sitting in the corner collecting dust. I don't have time to worry about keeping all the heads in tune and such either.

#58232 by FUSEBANDNC
Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:46 pm
I've played electronic Hart Dynamics for years...I bought the gigapro set. Check out their web site www.hartdynamics.com I like the way these drums look and feel with mesh heads and cymbals that look real and feel like acoustic kit, but the cymbals are plastic...the ride is the only metal one. The only drawback with my set is cymbal volume control like acoustic cymbals would be. I bought the mackie srm450 two way speaker and looking at adding yorkville ls200p subwoofer to kick it up a notch. A friend of mine has the roland v drums and I really like that set as well...the only thing I don't like as much are the rubber cymbal and hi-hat pads.
#58235 by rolanddrums4aolcom
Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:28 pm
I gotta tell ya, I dont think i would go back to the accoustic set, Im doing so much more with this set as far as recordings, when i can play, complete silence if i want, meet just about anybodys needs as far as sounds there looking for or styles Ive duplicated so many artists kits with this its unreal as far as the cymbals the cy-8 is tough to get use too but there ok I just got a cy-14c all rubber fantastic action great feel if your using it as a ride I built a 12 piece kit and i love it :D
#58318 by Johnny Nobody
Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:44 pm
I been doin it for some time now. If you want the very best of both worlds and one world you never new existed. And ELECTRIC DRUMS are great for LIVE music.
#61666 by DOMcCrea
Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:05 pm
I've been thinking about the move to electronic drums for performance as well. I've got both a Ludwig 8-piece acoustic set as well as a 6-piece Roland (V-Club) electronic kit. Since our practice area moves around from house to house, the Roland kit is much more practical for practice but I sometimes have trouble hearing my playing over the band. I'd use headphones but then I can't hear the band, just me. We're not bing enough to require a sound board or I'd pipe that through my amp and use headphones. What monitoring solutions have you used with good results? Anybody have any familiarity with the Roland PM-01 monitor? Its reasonably pried US$125 but I can't find a store that has one in stock to try it out (thanks, Internet). Any suggestions?

#61668 by gbheil
Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:16 pm
Steve-o has gone back to acoustic. there is no comparison for sound and apperence at our live shows.
Yea baby!!

#62075 by TheVibe4
Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:48 pm
People go to see shows for the live experience. If your a rock band and not using real drums then your in trouble. Electronic sets are good for practicing when you have to worry about noise level, thats about all there good for besides manufactured music, but thats just my opinion.