This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Drums and Accessories.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#44608 by racefanrob
Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:51 pm
. . . one of my older Brothers was a Marine (from 1959 to1966). There was this Marine Corps Marching Band snare drum I grew up with at home. From age five, I was a drummer. I played Marching beats when I was that age. I'll say I was nine or ten (in 1967) when I first sat down with a group. We became "The Other Beatles" . . . in our minds. Even though I was more into Ginger Baker, kids just didn't play Clapton or Bruce licks . . . the Beatles simplified Rock and Roll, as did Chuck Berry ten years before. But, in 1968, . . . something changed the roll of the drummer in a rock band forever. When Iron Butterfly released it's second album . . . "Inna Gadda Da Vida" . . . the title cut (seventeen plus minute song with a five minute drum solo !), put the spotlight on the drummer . . . maybe for the first time in Rock n Roll music ? And Ron Bushy paved the way for Rock drummers live solos from that time to the present. Soon every drummer had a solo for live performance. Before that it was a thing for singers and guitarist (solos that is).
In my mind, Ron Bushy was the most pioneering drummer in Music History . . . period.