This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Drums and Accessories.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#196171 by ScottyJ504477
Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:08 pm
It is true that finding a good quality cymbal is extremely difficult. I have found it a difficult search since the late 1960’s. They sound different from the players perspective compared to the audience’s. I have been very pleased with Zildjian’s high end offerings and own many of them for my drum sets all in the A series. They do it right. The respect I have for the company is high. I was lucky enough to tour their factory near Boston, MA several years ago. I met Armand Zildjian.

All the cymbal manufacturers have produced very low quality cymbals for years now. It’s even become “the sound” for trashy smashy music. The acoustics of these lids are terrible. Listen to top professionals that play the kind of music you enjoy. You will find that they all play cymbals that are top flight series from different manufactures. I enjoy the search. Let’s keep hunting for just the right cymbals!