This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Drums and Accessories.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#118349 by Drumsinhisheart
Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:37 pm
Edrums are great for what they do. Acoustics are great for what they do. Edrums cannot replace acoustics for what they do, especially cymbals, but if you just want to practice about any maker out there has something you can use.

I use Alternate Mode KAT instruments. The TrapKat is a tremendous buy for what you get. You can also find used ones, the older models, on ebay. Same with sound modules or other manufacturers edrums. You can get them very inexpensively. For practice it's just the ticket.

#139940 by Joemetaldrummer
Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:44 pm
Don't bother. An electric kit is "fun" but that's it. More of a toy than a serious instrument IMO. 600 bucks won't get you anything decent, either. Roland is the only way to go, but they'll make you pay out the nose for it.

#139953 by BobbyDrums2
Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:56 am
I play Roland Td 20's customs, 4 kick/bass drums, 12 drums-2 Snare the rest are toms,15 cymbals, 4 Duallists tripple kick pedals, DW harware, Pork Pie Seat (the BEST kit out there), Mesh heads feel BETTER then acoustic/plastic heads. Most haven't the money to buy in to the mesh heads they are commenting based on RUBBER heads proformance (NOT responsive/No feel). If you watch ebay and craigslist look for a ROLANDS v10,or better. GREAT drums and the reason you pay more is for the better head/computer. Look for MESH!!! I also have Custom dDrums,DW 's Exotic's,1965 Super Classic LUDWIGS to name a few of my acoustic kits/sets. They LOOK great but you need to MIKE them up. I have owned all the other electric kits Hart,etc. and NONE compare to ROLANDS. I am a Studio/TOUR drummer and use/need only the BEST always! B ;-)~ :roll:

#170452 by Hard n Heavy
Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:31 pm
Guys, I gave up playing acoustic drums a couple of years ago as carting my gear from gig to gig took a toll on my back. I now use the Roland TD-20 module with PD-105 pads that I run through a peavey mixer, 2 15" peavey speakers and 1 EV 18" sub and this set up really kicks ass. There is no comparison to the Roland - TD 20 module. It is a bit expensive but you get more bang for your buck. So for those considering moving to ED, check out the Roland TD-20 set up. Cheers Guys!

#173961 by Phoenixmusiclessons
Tue May 22, 2012 8:13 pm
You can never get that Feel you get with an accoustic kit.

When you attack an electric drum it sends an electrical signal down a wire into a processor that turns on a switch to have that processor produce the sound which then gets amplified. From there it goes through another wire out to the the speakers and they shake to get the sound vibration going.

A true drummer is a gifted timekeeper. How can a true drummer play on that?!?

When your stick attacks the cymbal it creates the sound vibration instantaneously.

http://phoenixmusiclessons.com/drums.html

#174483 by Drumsinhisheart
Thu May 31, 2012 10:47 am
Sensitivity, velocity, nuance - the edrum controller and sound source manufacturers continue to develop devises which get closer to realism. I do not believe they are there, and they may never get there, totally. But they certainly are producing better instruments than they did 20 years ago.

So many players run their drums through PA systems. Realism depends on mics and the whole system. An acoustic set can sound about the same as a recorded drum set depending on the PA. Certainly today's edrums can sound about as good as that or better.