This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Drums and Accessories.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#95501 by Drumbo38
Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:29 pm
I am a 54 year old drummer that for many years played on a 1972 Ludiwg Big Beat Psychedlic Red Pearl kit. Unfortunately I sold this kit several years ago when I took a break in playing.

This past July, I started playing again and on Saturday evening I had my first gig playing out with my new Ludwig Element SE Psych Red Pearl kit. One of the local clubs had a band appreciation night for 6 local bands and I offered up my SE kit for everyone to use to save set up time. I wanted to see what it sounded like with me playing live and I wanted others to play so that I could hear it from the audience. I have made a few enhancements to the kit such as new Remo Pinstripe heads and Moon Gels and I have spent many hours tuning it up to suit me. I did use my 5" x 14" vintage Supraphonic snare instead of the 6.5 x 14" snare that came with the kit but other than that, this was an Ludwig "Element SE" night. With the Kick and the snare miked up, this kit sounded awesome! I had a lot of great feedback on the sound tht this kit puts out which made the entire night worthwhile.

Thanks to Ludwig and the people of Tawain for making such a nice, relatively inexpensive kit. Also, many thanks to the great people at Zildjian for making their "A" Custom line of cymbals. You guys are the best!

#95512 by RGMixProject
Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:30 pm
I really really really like the fact that there is no center post. What a great wounderful kit.

#95558 by Drumbo38
Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:10 pm
I thought that I would like not having the center tom mount but after playing for a few weeks with stand-mounted toms, I bought a Ludwig Center Tom Mount and installed it on the kick. Back to the way I started playing 40 years agao. I like it much better that way. I realize that it may not be for everyone though.