This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Drums and Accessories.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#150096 by Zenacity
Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:14 pm
Sonor Safari.
A good start for you.
No frills, good set, amazing price.
Learn about different heads and correct tuning and almost any decent drum will sing.
This is only my opinion based on many years of experience though!

#152965 by JAWard
Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:24 pm
If its something you are going to stick with and you dont like upgrading later.....shell out the bucks for something like a Pearl Reference kit. I stopped playing for 8 years or so and when I decided to get back into it I did a LOT of research on drums. My dream kit had always been a DW collectors kit but after reading a ton of info I decided to go with the Reference line instead. Just do a lot of reading and research and make your own informed decision. There are a lot of really good drums out there!!!!

#152971 by Gregb143
Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:37 am
I have been playing for 30 years and have played on pearl, ludwig, yamaha, and a few aftermarket sets, and I will have to agree with alot of these guys on here that it is not the set that makes the drummer, it is the technique and the ability of that drummer that stands out above the rest.....I myself play a 10 Pc pulse set with sabian and WuHan cymbals and it works for me... You need to try out a few and see what works for you...(your style, and your pocket I mean)
I am at a stand still when it comes to my favorite drummer is as I play rock, jazz, metal, thrash, clasical, Etc....... if it came down to it I would have to name 2 Mike Portnoy, and Mike Wengren......