This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Sell your guitars here.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#61707 by ted_lord
Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:29 pm
axually, a wal when you can find one will run you around 2 an a half grand at the best, 3 an half grand right now on ebay and an ns stick runs for 2700 warwicks are a grand an a half peh

#77237 by Patrick Grant
Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:36 am
Capt. Scott wrote:For the record, I prefer a Fender P-bass or Fender Jazz..

The only thing I don't like about the Rickenbacker is all the needless hype....

Speaking of Hype, good luck on your tour - NeanderPaul..

I just wanted to ask if you get any recognition from all the GEICO billboards? LOL

Needless hype ? I've worked in music stores for many years & have to give it too Rickenbacker for quality and workmanship (and not setting up shop in taiwan or somewhere like that). Easily one of the most quality consistent basses (along w/music man), and probably has the widest tonal spectrum. Had a 73 for years, traded it for a big stage amp, still regret it. With all the crap available now, I'm glad they're still doing things like they always have.

#92375 by BassHoundMusic
Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:00 pm
Yeah, I agree; "needless hype" doesn't cut it. I have a '79 4001 Rick that I've played thousands of times, and it's still rock solid, a tone beast, looks great, and I've had zero, repeat zero, problems with it. Sure, they're not for everyone or every situation, but I've gotten my moneys worth out of mine. Cheers,

#92422 by Starfish Scott
Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:39 am
It's about what sound you like.

I don't like the sound of a Rick.. cold and sterile, so sue me.

I do like Fender P-Basses especially and if you use effects, you can make anything sound dark FYI.

A nice setup on a real, vintage fender p-bass is second to none. (IMO)

Sell your Rick, it's worth more to people that buy a bass for its' looks. (bwhahahahaaaa)

(If you ever bought any instrument by how it looks, do not admit it to anyone, ever)