This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Sell your guitars here.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#268876 by alexwaston
Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:50 am
My 10 year old son started playing a year ago on a full sized Yamaha, however, he fell in love with his guitar teacher's gs mini. I got a fantastic deal on a gs mini-e for christmas, but I don't understand the electronics at all. Can someone explain to me how they work, does he need an amp? I read through some of the posts talking about playing plugged in, but I'm a piano girl, not a guitar girl.

Is there a user manual somewhere (this one was used in excellent shape). The only time I see his guitar teacher is when he is with me, so I can't really talk to him about it.

What else might I need? Should I go to nylon strings or keep the steel. Anything else Santa might be able to bring to make this an awesome gift?

Thanks for any help or advice. I'm a newbie to the guitar world but I'm trying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Relax more : dance ringtone download, country ringtone download, sms ringtone
Last edited by alexwaston on Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
#268892 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:39 pm
Well, yes, he would need to plug the guitar into an amp or PA system to amplify it. There is a pickup mounted inside the guitar that picks up the string vibrations and translates that electrically.
It can be played acoustically, of course - it doesn't HAVE to be plugged in, it's not an electric guitar, its an acoustic guitar with a pickup in it.
There is no 'user manual'. The guitar teacher can provide more info to your son, if he needs it, after you give him the guitar.
No, do not change strings to nylon - this guitar is not made or set up for nylon strings.
#270609 by christophernolan
Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:11 am
I don't perceive several associations on my explanation sheet or wherever also to I've appear, with the purpose of let me produce an original page. I'm convinced so as to Do My Homework I'm presently ignored impressive that's at this time wherever.