This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Sell your guitars here.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#265423 by alexwaston
Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:28 am
I dunno. When I first researched the lyric I was happy with it. When I first got it I knew there would be some growing pains.
I installed it in my Pono and thought it was okay but it sounded thin.

Natural but thin and then there was some frequencies that raked on my nerves.

So I then got the acoustic play pedal for its body Rez and EQ capabilities. But after a year I still can't get a descent sound. I thought I did and then I plugged in my Cort with its cheap Fishman and overall it sounded heaps better.

So I figured I'd give it one more go and used it at the open mic tonight and with the cooperation of 2 sound guys they could barely get a descent sound (using my TC play acoustic pedal as my DI).

The guys before and after just plugged into their board and sounded great.

I don't think it's actually the lyric itself. I think it's the lyric in this very small body Pono l-30 guitar (size 2).

No questions really just a bit of a vent and saying what I'm thinking.

I do not want to cut out the side of the Pono so I was thinking of going with a JJB artist or K&K but I'm really worried about passive pickups and having to use a DI.
Seems the JJB Artist can be had with a passive tone control too so maybe that would be more plug and play? Seems though I would still need an external preamp. Maybe the one JJB makes too. Seems I'm back to the drawing board.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Relax: download message ringtone free | download samsung ringtone free, free music ringtones
Last edited by alexwaston on Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
#265424 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:16 pm
Get a different guitar!