This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Sell your guitars here.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#257436 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:06 pm
Nothing is more versatile than a Fender Telecaster

Nothing is easier to play (and sound great without trying) than a Les Paul

After that its a matter of personal preference.

But since Epiphone is a brand of Gibson, I'd so go with that one.
#257465 by GuitarMikeB
Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:05 pm
That Epi is the the 2nd lowest model LP they sell, the pickups are pretty much crap, and although Epi quality has gotten better in the last couple of years, it still can be hit or miss, so you need to play the guitar you're interested in.

For the kind of money you're looking to pay, look for a used Squire Strat for that kind of music.
#257613 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:37 pm
Well, I prefer my real Fender Tele to most Strats, too, but for the kind of music the guy wants to do, I think the Strat sound would be better for him.
#257615 by schmedidiah
Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:02 pm
I don't know what Altar Bride is, but I know that G'N'R and Nirvana are polar opposites in a lot of ways. One thing they have in common is humbuckers.
There are Fat Strats available at low prices, I believe.

Like this one.

https://reverb.com/item/1905653-loaded-fender-squier-standard-hss-fat-stratocaster-strat-body-black-sale?_aid=pla&currency=USD&pla=1&gclid=CNv-kdD55csCFQeTfgodMesJrA

I got a Yamaha Pacifica in '96 and it helped me get over the hump as far as getting crunch and playing faster than the bag o cement known as the Les Paul. :lol:
#257728 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:51 pm
schmedidiah wrote:I don't know what Altar Bride is, but I know that G'N'R and Nirvana are polar opposites in a lot of ways. One thing they have in common is humbuckers.
There are Fat Strats available at low prices, I believe.

Like this one.

https://reverb.com/item/1905653-loaded-fender-squier-standard-hss-fat-stratocaster-strat-body-black-sale?_aid=pla&currency=USD&pla=1&gclid=CNv-kdD55csCFQeTfgodMesJrA

I got a Yamaha Pacifica in '96 and it helped me get over the hump as far as getting crunch and playing faster than the bag o cement known as the Les Paul. :lol:

Yeah, a Squire fat Strat might be the ticket. At the big band benefit I was at a couple of weeks ago, a ton of hard rocking/metal sound from the guitarists, and every one was using a Strat except 1 player. All you need is a good stompbox or two with the right amp.