This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Sell your guitars here.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#238912 by adam1047667
Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:48 pm
Hi, everyone.

Im new here, also a new guitar player, and like this guitar very much.
http://www.rareelectricguitars.com/Stev ... _1140.html

I have bargained with the custom shop for a long time, but i really cant afford it. They said that they can only give me discount if ten people order it together. Then i tried so hard to call on guitar players together from everywhere, now the group has 5 people including me at last. So is any guitar master here want to join it? If you want, pls contact me by this email:[email protected]

#238914 by Badstrat
Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:55 pm
I don't understand why anyone would want to waste money on a beat up pretend SRV guitar in the first place. Does owning something like that make anyone think they can pretend play like SRV? Buy a nice shiny one and beat it up yourself, then if you get famous maybe some idiot will want to buy a beat up looking guitar like yours :)
#238917 by schmedidiah
Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:09 pm
Kid, this guitar has nothing to do with anything. Get some normal guitar, learn to play it, start playing with other people. Once you get in a room with a halfway decent rhythm section, you'll get the feeling. That is what you do this for. Not these celebutard knockoff "special edition" gimmicks. Time to prioritize. Are you a musician? Or a wanker?
#238922 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:22 pm
Dumber and dumberer! It's selling for $530 and probably not only looks like a dog ate it for lunch, but sounds like it too!
Why not get a cheap (bur serviceable) Strat copy and do it yourself? The guitars from GuitarFestish are Chinese, but are actually decent quality for the low price - $184 for a Strat copy that will sound better than a comparable Squire: http://www.guitarfetish.com/XV-870-Doub ... c_152.html

If you just want a decent sound, you can pick up used MIM Strats for $300-400 depending on where you are you located.
#238926 by MikeTalbot
Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:49 pm
I already have a Lonestar Strat - two strat pu designed to sound like SRV and Pearly Gates from Seymour Duncan. Sounds and plays like a dream.

I confess, the darn thing actually looks pretty good though...guess you can't have everything. 8)

May I suppose a Rory Gallagher version is next...

Talbot
#238928 by Badstrat
Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:29 am
"now the group has 5 people including me at last." Wow. Where on earth did you find 4 more people that gullible? Tell you what, If I could get their names and e=mail addresses I have some really neat stuff in my basement for sale. :)
#238929 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:47 am
Hi Adam,

Don't take all the bad manners personally; we do that to every new person for some reason.

Ya know, if pre-worn look makes jeans more expensive, then I suppose it could also apply to guitars, if you're really in to how they look. Don't let no one rain on your parade if you want that guitar.

I'm sure there are more in New York who would like to pay homage to the great SRV in this way, so don't give up because of nit-pickin' nitpickers and ne'er do well ninny's!

(But I'd get a Tele or a Les Paul)

:lol:
#244932 by randall567236
Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:34 am
Just order an exact copy ( which I'm certain this is) from rare electric guitars.com, it'll only set you back $550-$600; and it'll be BRAND NEW..take EVERYONE's advice on this dude..WEAR OUT YOUR OWN GUITAR..Besides, neck thru players KNOW that Fenders are just overpriced bolt on wooden turds..if they weren't, all Squiers wouldn't sound and play as well as their top shelf brethren. :mrgreen:
#244937 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:02 pm
randall567236 wrote:Just order an exact copy ( which I'm certain this is) from rare electric guitars.com, it'll only set you back $550-$600; and it'll be BRAND NEW..take EVERYONE's advice on this dude..WEAR OUT YOUR OWN GUITAR..Besides, neck thru players KNOW that Fenders are just overpriced bolt on wooden turds..if they weren't, all Squiers wouldn't sound and play as well as their top shelf brethren. :mrgreen:

Little hostility towards Fenders, eh? Plenty of folks love them and plenty of folks have no love for the current batch of overpriced Gibsons with built-in tuning mechanisms.
#244945 by schmedidiah
Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:52 am
Shots fired. Guitar section. Heavy bleeding. :lol: