This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Sell your guitars here.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#216562 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:38 pm
Real sweet condition! My 72 Standard has a few nicks and chips and plenty of color fading. Case is identical!
Can't click on ebay links at work - what's the asking price?

#216579 by lalong
Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:27 pm
Well the buy out is $3200.00, for anyone here I'd make it a flat $3k. There is still room to make more off it I just don't have the time. The Fender custom shop charges $4,400.00 for a close copy and I seen one on eBay for $3,299.00 for a replica which still lack the same tone, since the magnets are unavailable and construction very different.

I have seen without the case similar condition go for around $3,500.00 Old forum posts across the web and the one other I saw on eBay. I have been looking for the same on eBay, but can only find a lot of the re-issues. They go for between $500-$1,500, the major difference in tone from those who played both is that the originals are supposed to have a brighter tone with a bigger bottom than the re-issues. The other factor is the wood and weight (it's heavy at nine pounds), which gives it a different resonance.

The other drawback is reportedly the three bolt neck, but this one is fine after over forty years, so I don’t suspect it will present a problem.

I realize it's a lot of money for a guitar, ultimately it's only worth what anyone will pay. But being I will probably have only one original 1972 custom in my lifetime, of course I will try to get what I can for it.

#216886 by Starfish Scott
Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:36 pm
I never really met a 72' Tele up close but I'd bet the bank that his is about as original as they come. (I've played this one, but this is the only decent tele I've ever played.)

Buy this tele with confidence.
This tele won't let you down and after you play it a little, you'll realize this is the real thing.

I played a mexican tele not too long ago and I hated it.

I kept thinking about this tele and why it was better in comparison.
If you had the 2 side by side, it would really be a thought provoking experience.

"The neck felt better to play and the tones coming from this 72' make this tele a clear choice if you have the scratch for this relic from the golden age".

#217311 by Starfish Scott
Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:18 pm
Ray, I sent you Les cell number.

I haven't seen you, else I'd ask you how it went?

I sent Les 2 emails, but his fingers are broken as well. lol (maybe he's in suspended animation?)

(More than that I cannot do for you, use the cell # I gave you..the 908-334 #) (If you lost it, let me know and I'll give it to you again.)

#228684 by wayne552666
Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:51 am
That was Fender's original Bluesbreaker Tele, right there. Wonder what Roy Buchanon would have sounded like playing that '72?