This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Sell your guitars here.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#294552 by Paleopete
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:56 pm
Wondering if anyone might be interested in a working Peavey MX amp and/or 1967 Kustom 2x12 cabinet with a pair of good working Emminence speakers in it.

The MX is this amp https://reverb.com/item/1642648-peavey-mx-vtx

Mine is identical, hard case with both cover panels, working, now and then I have to hit the switches with a shot of contact cleaner. It's a solid state preamp into a tube power amp, four 6L6 tubes. 130 watts and freakin LOUD...guy with a full stack Marshall tried to drown it out one day, not a chance, I still had breathing room once he was maxed out...and that was with a 1x12 cabinet...never heard a cleaner amp, I've only had it cranked to 7 or 8, a couple of times including that day, still clean...no break up at all...never really wanted to find out what it sounded like if I dimed it...7 is loud enough, usually onstage the master volume was more like 4 to 5...

Kustom cabinet is the one I plugged into the MX for years, still in excellent condition. Pair of Emminence 12" speakers I bought from a Houston reconing shop about 1992. Still sounds good. Some minor rips in the rolled and pleated covering, one plastic handle broken, I'll post pictures if anyone is interested. Don't have them online yet...made in 1967, first year Kustom made the rolled and pleated gear. The only way to tell I know of is the line "By Ross Inc" is included on the name plate, 1967 was the only year that was used. It's the gold color covering.

Getting to be an old fart, have some equipment sitting around that hasn't been used in 15 years, probably never will, time to hand some of it over to someone who will use it. Also need to put together the bucks to replace a recently fried Fender Pro Jr...

I'll post some pictures if anyone is interested, don't have them online yet, and remember this stuff is in East Texas, and shipping would be horrendous, so you might think about a road trip...
#294560 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:07 pm
Good luck selling them. This place sees no traffic, so your best bet is either reverb.com (just make it 'local sale only') or craigslist.
#294570 by Paleopete
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:48 pm
I know. Not much traffic these days but I thought I'd drop a note in here anyway, just to let bandmix folks have first grab...
#294572 by Paleopete
Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:38 pm
Pictures...I hope...