This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Let your thoughts be heard about the latest news and gossip in the music world.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#219575 by Starfish Scott
Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:41 pm
Nope, we just wish it was. lol

#219619 by zar535135
Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:39 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
zar535135 wrote:i agree with the "white bread suburban wanna-bes" comment. Im an older musician and have had to deal with the "My mommy still wipes my nose" white gangstas types. Too much MTV Yo Raps back in the day. It must be hard for these "white" gangstas to have a hard day on the streets,then go home where mom has done their laundry and made their bed and have a hot dinner waiting for them...And I also agree with Bob...there are musicians that in their genre are held in high asteem and acknowledged for their talent. But it is irresponsible to say that certain type of guitarist are better than the next,just based on what type of music they play. I respect the technical aspect of "Metal" guitarists, but the flurry of speed doesnt really do it for me. I prefer soul and feel to speed and flash. Being a Bass player, Back in the day (80s) metal/hard rock bass players were one note wonders, just lay down a foundation and ride one or two notes..ala Cliff Williams and Ian Hill. Today Metal/hard rock bassist have found their voice and have much talent..

You realize that this thread was started 4 years ago, right? Isn't mainstream rap pretty much dead now? (hoping)
And your point is? I just discovered this topic
#237203 by Tbird504564
Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:37 am
My opinion is that if you like it , listen to it , but its not how many notes you play its what you say when you play them ,heavy metal looks exhausting to me, no fun to much work ,, its funny after all the classic rock ,disco indie music, heavy metal ,death metal, new country after all this has been played and passed away , their will be classic riffs that came from the 70s and 80s rock like,,,, walk this way by Aerosmith
That will be remember when most of the rest is forgotten,, its really hard for any band to make music like was made back in those days simple riffs but solid yes most mainstream does kinda blow ,, hey remember when MTV lived that will never happen again ,, now the mainstream is how little clothing you wear

Re:

#238730 by RhythmMan-2
Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:58 pm
philbymon wrote:Do you really think that heavy metal guitarists are all that, while other genres aren't? Sorry. that statement is as ridiculous as the one that says there is no talent in metal (which I've never heard ppl saying, btw).

I've seen hundred classical guitarists who could easily outplay most heavy metal guitarists.
Talent does not select a genre.