This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Let your thoughts be heard about the latest news and gossip in the music world.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#29865 by philbymon
Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:22 am
I beg to differ, Scott. A classical guitar, played well, is a sweet & beautiful sound.

Steel string acoustic guitars can indeed use some effects, i.e. chorus, delay, even overdrive & everything else if you plug the soundhole, (but I never really understood why ppl do that).

It's a totally different instrument from an electric, except in the similarity of the note positions. It shouldn't be used instead of an electric. It's only good when it's used because it's called for in the piece of music.

There's more work involved, for sure. More pressure on the strings. Totally different sound, for the most part, yes, but in the right place, it's a great sounding instrument.

Are you saying that you don't appreciate the work of Michael Hedges, Leo Kotke, Al DiMeola, some Duanne Allman, Roy Clark, or even Lindsey Buckingham? You're missing out on a lot of great music, if that's the case.

Careful 'bout steppin' on one o' the loves of my life, ol' buddy! (J/K!)

#29877 by gbheil
Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:59 am
Roy Clark. As I stand with my hand over my heart.
I like the sound of the spanish guitar.
I am still shoppin around for an acoustic I can drag aroud with me where there is no electrcity for my axe.

#30023 by Starfish Scott
Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:14 pm
I am not stepping on your lost love, I am "stomping a mud puddle in her abdomen." lol

#30040 by philbymon
Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:14 pm
I guess it's just a matter of taste...or in your case, Scott - the lack thereof...hee hee

I can see where you're coming from, being all electric-fried & all. You really do like the effects & such. I do, too, at times.

Still, there's a world of sounds out there, & I'm not gonna lock into just one type, ever.

I'll bet it's just the extra work involved to play an acoustic that you hate so much, ain't it? :wink: :lol:

#30836 by Starfish Scott
Tue May 06, 2008 5:57 pm
Very few acoustic guitars sound like anything but a tin can with strings.

That's what i object to. (Sounds bad out of the wrapper)

My favorite use for an acoustic guitar is what the "Honky Tonk Man" man did with it in the WWE.

#31005 by philbymon
Thu May 08, 2008 10:55 pm
I kinda figured you for an "El Cabong" fan, Scott. (Boy! Am I dating myself here or what?)

#31026 by gbheil
Fri May 09, 2008 1:20 am
Its cool quickstraw!

#31328 by Starfish Scott
Mon May 12, 2008 10:35 pm
I am still waiting to see someone get hit with a strat. LOL

Bet it never happens..

#31337 by philbymon
Mon May 12, 2008 11:08 pm
I've seen it, Scott. It ain't pretty.

Saw it with a Flying V once, too.

It's amazing the stuff you see in some of those redneck MD bars. (Betcha thunk I wuz gonna say WV, didn't you?)

#31342 by gbheil
Mon May 12, 2008 11:54 pm
Aw shoot, why would you FU a good guitar like that. Flying V to the cranium. Man what a waste. Man the one Ive been salivatin over for a week now is just over a Grand. Job interview tomorrow, If I get a nice fat raise I'm going to buy that bitch too.

#31474 by Starfish Scott
Wed May 14, 2008 1:28 am
I'd have to be pretty pissed to whack someone with any electric guitar.

I guess there was no club or sword within range?